You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Defective pdf in export from Affinity Designer

I have been developing a design file in Affinity Designer Vector. I have exported it a few times with up-dates in pdf successfully with no hitches. I have just executed what I expect to be the last up-date but the pdf is faulty. The fault is a white rectangular panel displaying as part of the background layer. I am no expert by any means. Tried to follow workbook with limited success. Please advise if there is a way of fixing the original file to get a decent pdf. 

DRAPER Project_Lookout component_PLAN view (without GRID).pdf

Thanks Lagarto! Had trouble finding your message. I am not accustomed to using the forum. I don't quite understand what you mean but I shall try. I looked at the pdf from which you have somehow removed the white rectangular panel which was in the background. The building however is now missing as well! I had experienced trouble earlier with the plan view so I  broke down a copy of the primary file, deleting everything unnecessary to get the raw building profile. I then selected and grouped the few layers in that copy,  then imported it in to the primary file higher up in the stack.The re-arranged building nose (the problem area) was thereby overlaid exactly over the primary file through careful lateral and longitudinal adjustment. It was perfect!. That's when my trouble started in pdf export. There are of course patches on the nose as you have seen but these were necessary in the primary file to cover mis-aligned aspects of the stage design and floor levels from earlier work. I'll post again if I can't sort things out. This all stems from not following an educated process. I should know better. Comes from impatience. Regards! TD.

Hello Lagarto!  

I had been having trouble with "layers" of the building in the current file through many inaccuracies in original configuration which I tried to make geometrically correct; (difficult on an angle); so I went back to an early copy, made basic corrections, selected all layers, grouped and placed in to the current file thinking the "mess" would thereby be cleaned up. As evidenced, it made no difference, the root cause of the trouble being in the basic file construction somewhere. I exported the old basic file (which I re-worked) to pdf. to show you the problem. See pdf's attached. I even extracted maybe 200 text and grid layers from the current file but it made no difference to it's pdf. (I have so many files on my desktop when I wake up I have to start again putting evidence together because it's so difficult to identify and correlate them).  I guess I have to make a new building file to group and insert in the main file. I don't know how to fix the old copy. Any suggestions?

DRAPER Project_Lookout component_PLAN view (without GRID) Best current.pdf

The %22PLACED%22 file in DRAPER Project (LL) .pdf

pdf of %22PLACED%22 file?.pdf

Bottom-Current stack.pdf