You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Liberec & Jablonec / trams / transit diagram

transitdiagrams

Hey!

I do transit diagrams and maps for fun in my free time!

Here is my unofficial transit diagram of the tramway in Liberec and between Liberec and Jablonec, Czech Republic.

Showing all four lines in operation as of Oct. 2019. Colors for each line are introduced. Also included are the railway lines.

Have fun!

And feedback is always welcome.

Chris

lib2.thumb.jpg.7f745f78c59f65669e85031319510d33.jpg

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Would it be an improvement to put the names of the railway stations in a darker colour? Not black so as to avoid confusion with the tram stops: maybe blue?

Would the names of the places be better in a darker colour: maybe green - not r=0; g=255; b=0; as that might be a bit bright, but a green that is darker yet still green enough so as not to look like almost black?

Also, what does n.N. in Jablonec n.N mean please? Maybe it is always written like that but if it is just an abbreviation of something not that long would it be better to have it in full as there is quite a lot of blank space. Maybe n.N. could be spelled out on a line beneath Jablonec?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

9 hours ago, William Overington said:

Also, what does n.N. in Jablonec n.N mean please? Maybe it is always written like that but if it is just an abbreviation of something not that long would it be better to have it in full as there is quite a lot of blank space. Maybe n.N. could be spelled out on a line beneath Jablonec?

n.N. abbreaviation means "nad Nisou" - full name of the town is Jablonec nad Nisou.

Thank you.

So I suggest that Jablonec nad Nisou be typeset in full on the map, perhaps in a green colour as suggested in my previous post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jablonec_nad_Nisou

It seems that this is a similar naming construction to Stratford-upon-Avon in England.

That name helps to disambiguate from Stratford that is part of London, the places being around a hundred miles apart.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I'm not sure about other languages but there is a common typesetting rule in Czech that prepositions (v = in) and conjunctions (a = and) must not be the last word of a line.

It's not recommended to place a dash at the end of a line too but it can tolerated. =)

http://prirucka.ujc.cas.cz/?id=880   (unfortunately in Czech only)

So the header should look like this:

Tramvajová

doprava

v Liberci

a tramvajová

trať Liberec –

Jablonec

33 minutes ago, Gunny said:

I'm not sure about other languages but there is a common typesetting rule in Czech that prepositions (v = in) and conjunctions (a = and) must not be the last word of a line.

It's not recommended to place a dash at the end of a line too but it can tolerated. =)

http://prirucka.ujc.cas.cz/?id=880   (unfortunately in Czech only)

So the header should look like this:

Tramvajová

doprava

v Liberci

a tramvajová

trať Liberec –

Jablonec

Thank you for that correction - I will apply it to the headline! Wasn't aware of this rule as in German there aren't one-letter-words - so there is no rule for that.

13 hours ago, William Overington said:

Hmm, I guess I should write it in full at least once (best in the header and maybe also in the big grey geographical name tag). Will do it! Thanks!

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

And here is the corrected version:

n.N. is now written out at least once for every local name where it appears in. Thanks @William Overington and @CLC!

Also the title is adapted to have the one-letter-words at the beginning and not the end of a line. Thanks @Gunny!

lib2.thumb.jpg.36af1a0bd8204d066f46a5513d5e6c32.jpg