You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thumbnails take too long

evtonic3

Hello evtonic3, yes this often happens to me too. And I don't recall them being this slow to load in v1.7.2.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• Staff

Hi evtonic3,

Is your Panel instantly like that when you open your file, or do you find they've disappeared after a while? If its as soon as you open the file would you be able to attach one that does it consistently for you please?

I've tried a few of the more complex files I have here including a series of afphoto files with a bunch of adjustments and masks, but have not been able to reproduce it.

Hi Sean,

I don't know for sure but I suspect this is similar if not the same issue already reported in the thread below which you replicated and acknowledged on August 30th and logged with development as afp-2392 (despite being reported as a Designer issue, so maybe it should have had an afd prefix, though I assume the same issue likely exists with AP as well).

As far as I can tell it seems to relate to the layer effects but I could be wrong.

I do notice this issue from time to time as well but have just accepted it as I've assumed it's already being looked at.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• Staff

Thanks for the link. I did find that issue when searching, but that issue relates specifically to having big blank parts in the list of layers. However I believe evtonic3 is relating specifically to the lack of image in the square thumbnail preview.

Hi Sean,

I was unsure whether this was/is the same issue or not or in some way related. As mentioned I do occasionally see a similar issue to evtonic3 though it tends to only affect layers within a group rather than the group icon itself.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse