You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yes that should be very doable, show an example of what you want.

1. Open a photo
  2. Duplicate the image layer
  3. Move it over the distance required (3")
  4. Go to Document > Unclip Canvas
  5. Add adjustment filters (Recolour) or Layer Fx (Colour Overlay with blend mode colour) to the images to make them blue and red.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-04-at-07-42-49.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Sounds more like the stereoscopic images with the 3” reference.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I just thought I’d ask and see what the requirements were.

A quick web search brings up two Affinity videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEOh7trh43A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HApTw3hmNOg
And a text tutorial for GIMP http://www.suppertime.co.uk/blogmywiki/2016/01/fake-anaglyph-3d-photos-in-gimp/ which can probably be translated to Photo quite easily.
I haven’t tried any of these so I don’t know how effective they are (and I don’t have a pair of the special glasses).
A quick scan of the wikipedia article I linked above shows that there are many different ways to do similar things so some experimentation will probably be required depending on the images used.

I was looking for a method by which the blue and red images were offset just a bit, but still appearing as basically a single bi-colored imaged. Since I posted my message here, I've discovered that a $9.99 app on the Apple Store called Anaglyph Workshop works like a charm with Catalina. However, I will tweak first defence's steps and see how the two methods compare. 

By the way, Anaglyph Workshop is *really* easy to use and has the cool feature that lets you make a selected area of the photo pop out at the viewer rather than the whole image being 3D.

Attached is an example in which the two front-facing "wings" of the mansion should pop out at you if you have a pair of red-blue glasses.

Thanks to all for the input!

3D Parts of Mansion PNG.png

Adding on to my reply above, the 3" refers to the slight movement of the photographer to the right in taking the picture. I could have been more clear. But Anaglyph Workshop that I referred to does that job magically for me with just a single image taken. And you can adjust the shift from 0 to 10 to suit your 3D need.

I posted a video by a guy called Pedro in this post, he has also made a macro to get the effect shown in the video, the macro is in the description on youtube. 

Link for the macro: https://pedrosoares.photo/resources/ 

I doubt this guy had red/cyan-glasses at hand. Making this conversion from just 1 photo is literally needless "in my eyes".

I made this one in 2009 (before Real3d and other take over with its polarized 3D systems) from two separate rendering simulating pupillary distance:

StereoGeckoRedCyanDubois.thumb.jpg.e61cc4a7e0691d43f6bc3c7229b08aa9.jpg

This will work with red (left eye)/cyan (right eye) glasses and was made in GIMP with the red/cyan/Dubois method (there´s a technically paper flying in the www) and you can move your head to get a perspective experience.

Cheers