You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone!

I have big problem with using my favorite filters Google Nik with Affinity Photo. I'm registered user of this filters but after import plugin folder from PS I see demo warning.

Any ideas?

What folder do I have to use for the NIK Collection and where can I find it! I used '/Applications/NIK Collection' for 'Plugin-Search' and '/' as the support folder but no Plugins show up?

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Tom

I've only installed LR5 and the NIK Collection and I can select 'Edit in..' in LR to choose one of the NIK plugins. No Photoshop installed - perhaps this is why I can't find any plugin folder?

Cheers, Tom

I can confirm this problem - tried two ways: 

1) Directed Affinity Photo to the PS Plugin-Folder "Google" 

2) Re-downloaded the whole NIK/Google package and ran the installer. Under the section of compatible applications I clicked the "+" icon and entered the path to the Affinity Photo Plugin-Folder. 

Both ways result in the availability of the NIK plugins - but only Demo mode available! 

I had this problem with the 15-day/Demo prompt until I followed the instructions in the Affinity Help File and set the "Plugin support folder" to "/"

In Affinity->Preferences->Photoshop Plugins tab

1) Set "Plugin search folder" to Photoshop's "Plug-ins" folder  (to the top of "Plug-ins" and not to "Google")

e.g. on my machine:

Plugin search folders:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Plug-ins

2) Set the "Plugin support folder" to "/"

Plugin support folders:

/

Not until I set (2) did the demo prompt go away.  

HTH

heron

I had this problem with the 15-day/Demo prompt until I... 

OMG - thank you so much - YMMD! 

That really did it. NIK plugins work just fine for me with Affinity. 

One step closer to getting rid of some unwanted software... 

;-)

OK, so you have to have PS installed with the plugins installed to get them to work in Affinity Photo??

I've only installed LR5. To get the plugins you need to do the following:

- create a folder where the plugins get installed

- start NIK Collection installer

- when compatible applications are shown click the '+' and add the previous created folder

- do the installation

- add the folder you created and where the plugins are installed to Photo 'Plugin search folders' and '/' (this is mostly 'MacintoshHD')

Restart Photo and you should have the NIK plugins available.

Cheers, Tom

Background information: it seems like the installer of the NIK Collection does not install the plugins which are needed by Affinity Photo when you have LR only on your computer and choose the normal installation. You need to do the steps I described to get the plugins if you don't have Photoshop installed.

Edited by TomHH

Interesting that some of the NIK plug-ins work and others like Viveza and Dfine don't.

Color Efex Pro and HDR Efex Pro work just fine.

I suspect that its probably going to take some time for Affinity Photo to truly become a viable replacement for Photoshop and Lightroom ... good start :)