You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Santas Rejected Candy Cane Textures !

LyricsGirl

Santa just Rejected these Candy Cane Textures!  So it's Back to the Drawing Board for me.

But Hey! I can't eat them all myself - so I'm offloading them HERE for you lot!

I have REMOVED the original files I posted here. I now  have a link to the files which includes the original textures created plus a sample of what can be done with the styles - the green and gold globe image. PLEASE MESSAGE ME directly if you experience any difficulties. If you were able to download and import successfully please do share a sample of your work with them

Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13T1riemGFhjSWzqNfvhW7kzagTabBbZp

****** PLEASE NOTE: Some people have reported that they are unable to use  /  import these files. I apologize; I do not know why this isi happening. Most people have no problems with them.  This software is supplied FREE of charge and  "AS IS" so use at your own risk. They are virus free checked with AVG Professional Internet antivirus/ malware   software. *****

Now, they are fine with small to medium sized images but on large ones the seams start to show. that's why Santa Rejected them!

About half of them are solid patterns and the other half have transparent strips for you to place them over say metallic colours!

1948184520_AngelasFREECandyShoppeStyleSet.jpg.9bc481ee2f0b1599e86a3ee117ff0e35.jpg

Anyway,  Help Yourselves before Santa finds out!

Edited by LyricsGirl
Updated note regarding some users umable to import the styles or images.

28 minutes ago, Madame said:

They look nice, thanks, but I get the message "unable to import file" when I try to install them.

I just tested them ( again) as I always test before  releasing . They work OK.

What are you doing to Import them? Here is a link to a video I created for some of my customers who  need to learn  the correct way of importing Palettes and Styles. Can you post of message me screen shots of what is happening please so I can address this asap? I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi, I imported them just like I always do. Import styles>navigate to where I imported them. Click the file. select open.

Skjermbilde 2019-11-03 kl. 23.03.31.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-03 kl. 23.04.06.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-03 kl. 23.03.46.png

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

27 minutes ago, Madame said:

Sorry, I have 1.7.3. I’ll change my signature.

And you still cannot install the styles?  Can you  let me know what O/s you have etc. This type of Error message  is what happens when you try to install  or import something  of a version ahead.

Still got problems? I will ask some Affinity  mates to install and let me know what their experiences are. I normally test  all my add ons  in both Designer and Photo before release.

I will advise you of the results asap.

If you do get them installed  ( try them in Designer)  please also advise me asap.

Thank you

Angela

I have Mojave 10.14.6
I just downloaded these styles and they installed just fine.

(Yes I didnt change anything, just my signature)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I re tested them  in both Designer and Photo. I have just posted a request form a group  to see if members have had any problems.

I suggest you leave these for now unti I have heard back form my Affinity Group members. If they are able to import OK then I am unable to know why they will not work. as you are using a MAc system  I cannot try to recreate this.I have Win 10 Pro.

4 hours ago, Madame said:

I have Mojave 10.14.6
I just downloaded these styles and they installed just fine.

(Yes I didnt change anything, just my signature)

So far  only you are experiencing problems with these styes. so here are the  original RASTER Texture files I created for the Candy shoppe Styles. You should be able to recreate them yourself. Let me know!

Angelas_Candy_Shoppe.zip

Well they are free and are rejects. Members of a group I belong to use both Windows and Mac systems. Out of 7 so far no one has had any problem. I suggest you delete these and sorry you missed out.

Security issue? I think your system may be having problems? Perhaps because I use Windows not Mac the JPG and PNG files cannot be opened in Mac systems. 

I use AVG Internet Anti Virus to  there are NO threats of Viruses Worms Trojans etc. as I am highly Windows Computer literate  I know these files are all good. Please chec\k your system. sorry occasional we all come across files digital or otherwise that cause problems on out own computers.

Catalina 10.15 same reject as posted above.  No problem, posting FYI.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

For those who are unable to open / import the files or styles. I am unable to determine why it is happening. Seems it is a MAC issue though. 

I shall be creating some  new styles over the Christmas and will upload as  new posts. I apologies to all those who are unable to use these. 

10 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Hope this attitude isn't your normal approach with customers as it would seem you don't give a c**p about whether they can obtain your products.

sorry but all this is blowing out far more than it need be. I offered these styles FREE and in GOOD FAITH.  I was unaware that MAC users would experience problems. I would offer a mone\y back  but these are free. I am not familiar with MAC systems  so am unable to determine or at least try out these on a MAC system to determine the cause of the problem.I am staying up late   to try and resolve this.    I have apologized. I have put in a STANDARD WAIVER if the product does not work.

What would you have me do now? This is the first time I have had anyone experience problems and you are all making this into  mountain.