3drenderingservices.co.uk

Give us "Smart Layers" - Pahleeease......

I am a massive fan of Affinity, both in terms of their software (I have all three products) as well as their company ethos, pricing, ethics etc etc.

But until we have Smart Layers in at least Affinity Photo (like there is in Photoshop), I cannot use it in the commercial environment.

Sure, I can get fantastic results quickly and easily, and it's fun, but if I CANNOT have a non-destructive workflow, it is useless to me. 

I recently got caught out by this due a client requesting I revisit a project I'd completed and needed revising.  I had no way of knowing what the previous settings for my effects were.

This is a NUMBER ONE MUST HAVE in your software.

Please, please, please do this !

Thank you :)

31 minutes ago, 3drenderingservices.co.uk said:

I recently got caught out by this due a client requesting I revisit a project I'd completed and needed revising.  I had no way of knowing what the previous settings for my effects were.

Were you using Adjustment Layers or Live Filters? Did you save as an .afphoto file? Or did you save it as a .tiff?  With either of these your adjustments will be preserved and you can close, then load and edit later. If you Export to Tiff, then you will need to tick Save Affinity Layers.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Perhaps you’re right, but, I can’t agree that this request is the top most wanted...

If you can’t work without Smart Layers, stay with Photoshop, but, if you’re smart enough you can do a lot without it...

Can’t you use many of effects and filters as Live Filters?