You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Photo (Catalina 10.15.1) v Affinity editing Still Not Working

RMole

Hi Hi Team

We are asked not to shout, be rude and be patient. No Problem and agree

BUT

Can we get some progress with the present conflict between Apple Photo running on CATALINA (10.15.1) and Affinity 1.7.3

Can open up the photo, edit and save in Affinity OK but when its time to save that amended photo in apple photo the same old error message comes up

This issue really has been going on far to long

I have the same issue called apple they said write to you.

Can we get some progress with the present conflict between Apple Photo running on CATALINA (10.15.1) and Affinity 1.7.3

Can open up the photo, edit and save in Affinity OK but when its time to save that amended photo in apple photo the same old error message comes up

This issue really has been going on far to long. Catalina went online a few weeks ago and I have not seen a update from you.  I can send pics to desktop and share photo to Mac photo but the edit and save was so convenient please fix the problem.

Thank you

I thought it was only me.  Every update I do with apple causes untold and unexpected grief.  My only workaround for this is to export the picture as a jpeg, then rename the jpeg back to the IMG_XXXX name of the original (original is .HEIC format ) import the adjusted jpeg back into apple photo.  This takes minutes and leaves you with the original file intact.  Painful. 

My question, will the fix come from Apple or Serif? I do love Affinity, just wish it was working as intended. 

• Staff
3 minutes ago, RMole said:

Hi and thanks very much for your reply. The issue is dragging on a bit though

Yes, I realise this. I think we're trying to establish if this is something we can fix ourselves or if we need assistance from Apple. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 3:34 PM, Chris B said:

Yes, I realise this. I think we're trying to establish if this is something we can fix ourselves or if we need assistance from Apple. 

Hi Hi team

Well its now 15/11/19 and the "fix" still has not been sorted. Fast loosing good will over this and beginning to look round for other post processing software

Not shouting and trying to be good willed but please do get it fixed

Whilst it seems we will have to wait for a solution to Affinity not saving back to PHOTOS, I would like to know what happens to images which would normally be saved back to PHOTOS when the image is 'closed' in Affinity. There doesn't seem to be any opportunity to effect a  'save as' - just SAVE - which seems to happen when an image is imported from PHOTOS as a link from the PHOTOS edit screen when an image has been imported from PHOTOS for editing in Affinity. Where does Affinity store saved images which just disappear when they don't link back to PHOTOS. ?

Hi and thanks for your reply 

Of course, you are totally correct, in that it has been discussed over and over

Sadly, it - the fix - has not manifested its self

Thus my nudge which I believe is appropriate, not rude, shouting or in anyway abusive