You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo + Designer: Preview in Fullscreen

I searched this, too. It would be great to have a clean preview mode in Photo/Designer/Publisher in Windows. I suggest to expand the existing Tab function to real fullscreen (or make a new hotkey like Shift+Tab). If you need any of the controls you can press Tab anyway. (Shift+) Tab could be: show only the picture/content/document and nothing else, no scrollbars, just a clean preview :-)

Best, Michael

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2019 at 1:51 PM, JeffreyWalther said:

No, I need the canvas to be displayed and scaled to full screen. No buttons, no menu no whatever. PREVIEW!

I totally agree. It's a feature in photoshop which especially comes in handy when designing for a website. But also with other projects.

It would be great if you guys could implement this function.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

Absolutely +1 to this.

It would be incredible to perform this true preview fullscreen on a window by window basis. So if I've got a duplicated view of one document each open on 2 monitors, be able to keep the standard view with toolbars on one monitor while the other monitor enables the preview fullscreen, like a workspace monitor and a reference space monitor.

You can already create a new view, which you can drag to another monitor, and then maximise the window. You'll still see the window title bar, and possibly the Windows Taskbar at the bottom (depending on your settings). Are you referring to a true fullscreen experience? i.e. no UI visible at all? 

@Mark IngramYeah, I am pretty sure they mean a true fullscreen experience like how in Photoshop you can press F and just hide everything, including the Windows and Mac bars that show what programs you are running, etc.

New View in Affinity does hide everything in the program, but you still have to deal with the big Start button and stuff on Windows as well as the scroll bars and header with minimize, fill screen, and close always visible on your open document. So those things take up extra screen space compared to just having a true full screen view.

I really like joeyoshi's suggestion of being able to enable true fullscreen per document window with one window having all the important panels open with the other filling the entire screen to get a full overview of your work.

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Are you referring to a true fullscreen experience? i.e. no UI visible at all? 

Yes that's it !