You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LUT import only one by one?

Hi  @all
Is there a possibility to import an archive of LUT´s into Photo? I have a package and the only Solution i found is to import them one by one and that is cumbersome. If there´s a possibility, please tell it me. It seems i´m blind... o.O

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Unfortunately LUTs can be imported only one by one and there's no live preview function. :(
What you can do, is to sit one afternoon and create presets of all your favourite LUTs so they will be visible as previews in the LUTs panel (see attached image).

Alternatively, if you are on Windows, you can use Bulk LUTs Previewer. It works OK, but may take some time to generate multiple previews.

I use LUTS from IWLTBAP and they have own online previewer and small stand alone program, but it can't import third party LUTS.

luts.png

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

Maybe it would help to know the Directory where they are stored after import? Perhaps i can copy them all to this Directory and with the next Start of the App they will be loaded. Maybe this is a possibility. Do you know the Directory where the App stores them?

Have a nice day.

I don't know where they go and if simple copy+paste will work.

I have about 60 LUTs in my presets and first time after opening Photo they will need around 30-40 seconds to actually load all, so maybe they need to be “built” somehow each time you open Photo. There's no visual indication that Photo is working on them except LUTs panel is empty for that time, but it will work smoothly later on all files open until you close and open program again.

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

I searched for a Directioy where they are stored, but i found nothing.
Maybe in the future will come a function to load them like brushes or to choose more than one and load them into the panel.

Have a nice day.

When you Load a LUT (from the LUT Adjustment) I don't think anything is saved except within your current Affinity file.

However, if you create a Preset from the loaded LUT, on Windows Affinity updates the adjustments.propcol file that is stored in, e.g.,  %Appdata%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\
Presumably the same applies on Mac, though the location would be different, and the file name may be different.

There does not seem to be a specific place that LUT adjustments are saved; they're collected with the other adjustment presets you may have.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

50 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

There does not seem to be a specific place that LUT adjustments are saved; they're collected with the other adjustment presets you may have. 

Yes, you are Right Walt. I looked for such a Directory, but i found nothing.
This also confirms a try I made by moving the files to another location, but still displaying them in the panel.
I was first of all of the opinion that Photo stores the files in one Directorie, but because these are only settings/adjusments, they are probably saved in the file you mentioned.

Have a nice day.