You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LEGACY: Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

Do you have a list of shortcut keys.

@bazzer901,

A comprehensive list of the shortcut keys are listed in the Help.

From the Help menu, in the Search field, type "shortcuts".

(Please note, this might take a few seconds to list the topics - we are investigating why it takes so long.)

Alternatively, from the Help menu, select Affinity Photo Help and then select the Appendix book (last in the table of contents on the left) and from here select Keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks.

I am a beginner on Affinity, so I play the beginners tutorial video, and I thought I would practice what the video showed.

Unfortunately the video shows a tool bar which I don't have set up on my affinity, therefore I can't do what the video shows!

How do I set up the toolbar to show the inpainting button??

It is very frustrating

• Staff
Hi Maxtog,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to menu View and make sure Show Tools is checked. If it still doesn't display the toolbar on the left, quit Affinity Photo and press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching it again. Then select Clear from the dialog that will open.

To access the Inpainting Brush Tool, click the Healing Brush Tool's bottom right triangle  (6th icon counting from bottom) to display a menu with more tools. The Inpainting Brush Tool is the second counting from bottom.

post-59-0-59798100-1439478143_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Need to know which video to watch to show me how to do one photo over top of another. e.g. I take photo of cemetery and graves and when a client wants a photo of the grave I do overlay showing cemetery wide shot with a small photo of the actual plaque or grave inset with pointer connecting grave marker to actual location on cemetery photo. I also add text giving Cemetery name, and detailed Section, row and plot number. 

Initially I had to use two programs to do it then just one but now I am using Mac as main machine I am having to relearn this simple trick. 

Mac photos I abandoned when it sucked in my photos from old Windows machine and sorted them by date not as I had them in more relevant file folders. 

I have discovered since installing Picasa for Mac it does the same but also shows my folders. 

So any guidance would be appreciated. I viewed a lot of videos before getting the Affinity photo program but now I am lost. 

Plenty of instruction how to cut out of same photo, modify one photo but not how to combine two photos and asking the question requires me to know how the IT people would ask it to get the answer I need. Not their fault but I am sick of wading through pages of video titles and being non the wiser as to which video tutorial I need. 

I appreciate any guidance. If this is in wrong category please tell me what is correct one so I might learn some answers.

• Staff

Affinity Photo 1.4 Video Tutorial update

To support the Affinity Photo 1.4 launch, we're very excited to announce the following video tutorial set. If you'd like to provide feedback, please don't hesitate to comment in this thread! 

•    Panoramas

•    Stacking – Long Exposure Simulation

•    Stacking – Object Removal

•    Stacking – Exposure Merging

•    Stacking  - Noise Reduction

•    Live Perspective

•    Haze Removal

•    View Points

•    Accessing Help

Best wishes from the Affinity documentation team!  

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 3:38 PM, JamesRitson said:

Hello all,

Off the back of the new customer beta we've got two new videos! You'll need to grab the latest beta from here http://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12638-affinity-photo-customer-beta-1351/ in order to follow these:

The Help video covers how to produce printable versions of topics, so if you've been wanting paper copies to refer to, give the video a watch!

This video no longer exists and the new one for Accessing Help 1.4 doesn't mention printable versions of topics.  Is that covered somewhere in Help itself?

@vicky

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing Vimeo.

If you have access to Apple TV, all of our tutorials are also served up there.

We'll look at other options and see if there is an alternative solution too.

Many thanks for letting us know.

I just tried out the stacking for reducing noise.

I used my iPhone and shot 25 Photos in burst mode freehand. 

It worked 90% perfect!

I´ve no doubt that with a bit more accuracy on my side the result would be perfect. Truly amazing how the noise is just erased - even HUGE amounts of noise! 

Showed it to some friends and all were very impressed as well!

I just tried this too with my Pentax K3. I attempted to send 25 tifs (all together about 3.50 GB)  directly from "Edit in AP" in Lightroom and managed to totally crash my iMac for the first time ever  :rolleyes:

Of course I should have exported the photos from Lightroom first and simply opened them in the Stacking dialogue in AP, but I didn't think of that at the time. Anyway, eventually, the noise reduction was very good, although I'm not sure when I would want to use this purely for noise reduction, as Lightroom does a fairly good job on a single photo without having to create such a large file.

I just tried out the stacking for reducing noise.

I used my iPhone and shot 25 Photos in burst mode freehand. 

It worked 90% perfect!

I´ve no doubt that with a bit more accuracy on my side the result would be perfect. Truly amazing how the noise is just erased - even HUGE amounts of noise! 

Showed it to some friends and all were very impressed as well!

Thank you for the videos.  If I could make one suggestion I'd ask that you could be more explicit about what you're clicking on or whenever you do something on the keyboard.  There have been a couple where I'm just not sure what you've done (and this is in part due to me being a new user I'm sure).  For example, at 1:59 of this video you do something that causes the selections in the picture to magically disappear and it's not clear to me what you did: https://vimeo.com/134841742  I can tell you did something because I can hear the keyboard or mouse click but I can't tell what it what although I do see that the little thumbnail next to "pixel selection" goes away.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi MrKahuna, thank you for the feedback, you make a good point and it's been noted for future videos. I have gone back to the video you linked to and added a shortcut overlay to clarify that I'm deselecting the marquee selection. Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

• Staff

As a special seasonal treat, please enjoy these new Photo video tutorials which cover some interesting retouching and creative techniques.

•    Enhancing Landscape/Architecture Images

•    Creative Gradients

•    Creative Black & White

We hope you have a wonderful time and wish you all a safe and prosperous New Year.

Best wishes

from Affinity Documentation 

sidenote to the "Creative Black & White" Video

it may be worth mentioning that white balance also has an effect in B/W images

- some might think it does not matter and it´s actually a really nice option as well :)

Thanks overall for the really nice videos :)

PS: I don´t feel to comfortable with the destructive D&B tool...I´ve posted some thoughts here ....maybe I´ll just do some things destructively :)

In support of our fantastic photo editing app, please use this comprehensive and structured set of videos for accelerated learning!

The video tutorials are available on the affinity.serif.com website:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/photo/

The tutorial set includes:

1. Introduction

•    For Beginners

•    Discover Affinity Photo

2. Basics

•    Document Setup

•    Layers Overview

•    Live Filter Layers

•    Cutting Out

•    Accessing Help

3. Transforming

•    Image/Canvas Resize

•    Cropping: Practical

•    Cropping: Aesthetic

•    Straightening

•    Cropping; Golden Spiral

4. Selections and Masking

•    Making Selections

•    Refining Selections

•    Pixel Selections from Layers

•    Quick Masks

•    Layer Masks

•    Channels

•    Channels for Alpha Masking

•    Exposure Merging

5. Correction

•    Adjustment Layers

•    Levels

•    Curves

•    Shadows/Highlights

•    Split Toning and Selective Colour

•    LAB Color Mode

•    Defringing and Chromatic Aberration

•    Live Perspective (1.4)

•    Stacking: Noise Reduction (1.4)

6. Retouching

•    Cloning

•    Inpainting

•    Frequency Separation

•    Liquify: Retouching

•    Vector-Based Retouching

•    Enhancing Landscape/Architecture (New, 23 Dec)

•    Vector Architecture: Worked Example

•    Haze Removal (1.4)

7. Develop

•    Raw: Discover Develop

•    Raw: Developing Images

•    Raw: Overlays

•    Raw: Redeveloping Images

•    Raw: Noise Reduction

•    Maximizing Raw Latitude

8. Getting Creative

•    Lighting   

•    Creative Gradients (New, 23 Dec)

•    Creative Black & White (New, 23 Dec)

•    Sepia Image

•    Brushes

•    Blend Modes

•    Blend Ranges

•    Liquify Persona

•    Sky Replacement

•    Seamless Textures

•    Adding Borders

•    Text: Branding/Watermarking

•    Diffuse Glow

•    Displacement

•    Adding Bokeh

•    Swirling Bokeh

•    Stacking: Long Exposure Simulation (1.4)

•    Stacking: Object Removal (1.4)

•    Stacking: Exposure Merging (1.4)

•    Panoramas (1.4)  

9. Design Aids

•    Snapshots 

•    Designer/Photo Interworking

•    Pixel Accurate Design

•    Placing Documents

•    Useful Keyboard Shortcuts

•    Non Destructive Inpainting and Cloning

•    Layer Nesting

•    Exporting 3D LUTs

•    LUTs for Tonal Adjustments

•    View Points (1.4)

10. Finishing Off

•    Sharpening

•    Selective Sharpening

•    Exporting

•    Export Compression Efficiency

•    Nature Portrait: Worked Example

Please let us know about areas you think need covering, have problems with, don’t understand, or just tell us if we’re on the right or wrong track. Simply reply to this pinned topic.

Have fun with Affinity Photo!

Best wishes from the Affinity Documentation Team!

Need more explanation of separated mode regarding displaying two images side by side to clone from one to the other.