You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LEGACY: Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

9 hours ago, manu schwendener said:

In my opinion you need a way to collapse the new information, so that when I first look at the list I see only the titles, maybe in front of the titles the icon that links to vimeo and youtube. 

Thanks to @Bri-Toon, I’ve learned that on these forums we can manually add ‘spoiler’ markup to make some of our post content initially hidden.

Here is an example.

Just enclose the content in {spoiler} and {/spoiler} tags, but use square brackets instead of curly braces.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Thanks to @Bri-Toon, I’ve learned that on these forums we can manually add ‘spoiler’ markup to make some of our post content initially hidden.

Reveal hidden contents

Here is an example.

Just enclose the content in {spoiler} and {/spoiler} tags, but use square brackets instead of curly braces.

I feel so special.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

If you (as forum admins) can insert a post after post1 this would be a possible solution, too:

Post 1 stays as it was, titles only, grouped as it is. This is the perfect overview for the videos.

Post 2 = expanded version.

Post 1 and Post 2 would link to each other, in the sense of "expand all" / "collapse all" - best at the top and the bottom of both posts.

hey. i've just got a question about something and i haven't seen any tutorials online about it yet and i have seen it in one of your affinity photo advertisements where with a car you use some sort of tool and it make it look like the tire is actually spinning. i would greatly appreciate knowing how this is able to be done. thanks.

-Billy

• Staff

Hey everyone, to coincide with the release of version 1.6, here are some new tutorials! It's a mix of new 1.6 features, revisions to old videos, and general tutorials covering functionality and techniques. Hope you find them useful!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hello, has done. One must after the selection of the video with a certain size to play the video and stop. Right mouse button - Save the video.
Greeting Dieter

The videos are all great.

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

These video tutorials are a really great support for those of us getting started with Affinity. Thanks.

One question: is there a way of downloading batches of them in one go for future reference? At present I'm downloading them one at a time...

I always download these fine tutorials from Vimeo for an easier later usage.

Usually in a 1080p resolution and have a question: why there are very often two files of the same resolution but different sizes?? (usually on higher resolutions 1080,2K)

For example latest "Uplift Epic skies" in 1080p have two files: one 112,393Mb and other 103,971Mb

Which one to use?

These are truly amazing. The narration is articulate and cuts straight to the heart of the matter. The blow-ups of drop down menus and selections eliminate doubt. The tuts are so well done that they sold me on Affinity Photo, which I have purchased with no subsequent regrets. I have enjoyed using them to master each feature. In the words of a great English poet, you have managed to both teach and delight.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:53 AM, James Ritson said:

Hey everyone, to coincide with the release of version 1.6, here are some new tutorials! It's a mix of new 1.6 features, revisions to old videos, and general tutorials covering functionality and techniques. Hope you find them useful

THANK YOU!! I was trying to remember enough of the title, to find this via a search. I had forgotten a step 

• Staff

Hey all, I've slowly been posting new videos over the last week, so here are three new ones for you!

The Nighttime Architecture video is a standout; it's a 17 minute complete walkthrough of an image edit from start to finish - I took the photo during a recent trip to Bern, Switzerland and got a few interesting shots, but this one came to life with a bit of editing and careful treatment of colour. Let me know if you find these workflow-focused videos useful!

On Quick Inpainting Crooked Horizons, this is useful but refers to tilted horizons. I have some truly crooked horizons from wobbly iPhone pans, and if there is a solution for those that doesn't involve hours of nudging I would be interested.

On Using Adjustment Layers on Masks, I'll save this for when I understand more, but for right now, what do you mean by 'to matte' in this context? ('Brush over the hair to matte it," 'hair is a little thin from the matting.') Not a paperboard border, not a non-specular surface, ... ?

@James Ritson

AP 1.7.3, MacOS 10.14.6 (usually latest of each, but not going to Catalina until more issues are resolved)

Mac Mini, Late 2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB; HD replaced with SSD

• Staff

Thanks for all the feedback so far, in response to the architecture workflow video posted above I've produced a portrait retouching workflow video which you can see here:

It's 25 minutes long and covers a variety of techniques including:

• Initial RAW development
  • Working in a wider colour space
  • Frequency Separation
  • Retouching tools including Blemish Removal, Patch Tool, Healing Brush, Clone Brush and Inpainting Brush
  • Selection Refinement
  • Quick Mask mode
  • Mask layers and tweaking matte spill with Curves/Levels
  • Brush work to enhance tones
  • Masking on adjustments/live filters
  • Final sharpening
  • Export and conversion to sRGB colour space

Hope you find it useful! I would hazard a guess that these more workflow-focused videos are quite useful, so I hope to produce more of them in the not-too-distant future. Thanks again.

• Staff
On 26/11/2017 at 1:58 AM, LenC said:

On Using Adjustment Layers on Masks, I'll save this for when I understand more, but for right now, what do you mean by 'to matte' in this context? ('Brush over the hair to matte it," 'hair is a little thin from the matting.') Not a paperboard border, not a non-specular surface, ... ?

@James Ritson

It's a term that refers to masking the background or foreground for compositing. It's more commonplace when dealing with video (e.g. green screen keying, you have "matte spill" and other options related to the term) but also applies to what we're doing with selection refinement and masking in Photo. If you're after some light reading there's a Wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matte_(filmmaking) - hope that helps!

39 minutes ago, iMacKalle said:

Thanks for goda tutorials. But I am stuck. I dont know when/where I suppose to use this  Brush Categories. I need one tutorial as show me.

Thanks in advance.

Brush Categories.png

I don't know of a video tutorial for this, but if you want to import the brushes from your Brush Categories folder you just need to choose the 'Import Brushes' option on the Brushes panel menu.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I really wish someone would do an in depth black and white conversion from a raw file. I think I have seen all the black and white videos and non of them give a complete workflow and show what Affinity photo has to offer in this area. I really think black and white is being neglected, please help.

Regards

Mikep