You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LEGACY: Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

Hello James, I have the video "Resize Canvas" reproduced. For me, there is no tranparent border / background to make a new fill level. See picture and log.  I have reduced the canvas to 40x30cm.
I use WIN version. What am I doing wrong or is that a bug. Can you help?
Greeting Dieter

Hi, is done. my mistake.
The screen must be larger and not smaller than the picture.
Thanks Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

Thank you, James, for the Resize Canvas especially.  That one I had struggled with trying to make it act like Photoshop's Resize Relative option and muttering about the hassle of dealing with fractions of an inch.  Duh!  Never occurred to me that, once I'd converted pixels to inches, I could just 'round down' and add the now-simple to determine desired amount.

Hello James, I have the video "Resize Canvas" reproduced. For me, there is no tranparent border / background to make a new fill level. See picture and log.  I have reduced the canvas to 40x30cm.

I use WIN version. What am I doing wrong or is that a bug. Can you help?

Greeting Dieter

Hi, is done. my mistake.

The screen must be larger and not smaller than the picture.

Thanks Dieter

You can also fill in a transparent border with Edit/Matte.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

没有至少一些基本的英语知识,不可能首先得到照片编辑的脚步 - 请体谅 

虽然亲和照片有中文版本,对于视频教程没有中文未必太遗憾了,在youtube上还可以自动翻译中文,自动翻译的中文字幕根本看不懂,英文水平差的人浏览英文网站基本通过GOOGLE翻译。

Nothin' on Media Browser, it spins and spins with no selection or data ever showing up. Nothing in the menu (Views>Views...) to set up multiple views (e.g., work with second display). Does beta software supporting these functions exist? Cn I get it? 

post-17803-0-39545000-1491591899_thumb.png

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

do you know a possibility to simulate paper in the softproof-layer like you can do it in Photoshop?

the target is to simulate a rgb-picture in cmyk-profil including the tone of the printing-paper (to see how the printed picture would look like.)

thanks and kind regards

Peter

It will be really useful to show the dates of all the videos in order to know if we already watch it or not.

The videos on the YouTube channels can be sorted by date added.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I occasionally want to batch resize a collection of images. It took me a little while to realise that this is so easy to do using the batch panel and not including any macros at all. This is non obvious, and a short video explaining it could be worthwhile. You can change the file format and output location at the same time.

I will still have to use Faststone image viewer to batch rename files - unless I have missed something!

Been using Affinity Photo for some months now, but today have started with the beginner videos. They are great! So easy to hear, understand and follow. They will make an outstanding difference in my graphics work, mostly because I am self-taught. So glad I bought AP. I just L*O*V*E the program. If a subscription was required, I would not have been able to purchase it.

Thanks again for all of your help!

I promote AP at my social sites. :)

Designing, Arting, Writing, Crafting, Lover of the Creative Life

1610156076_ACDSLogoSignature300x85.jpg.c89db6d14f97a9fa918b538f50ce769d.jpg

Linktr.ee

• 2 weeks later...

The tutorials are really  quite good and informative,l but.............you need a great memory to mimic them when you are working on a file and especially when off line or trying to demonstrate a technique to someone.  I can't discover a way  to download them to play at a convenient time when not near an open connection to the internet.  Is there a way? :)

The tutorials are really  quite good and informative,l but.............you need a great memory to mimic them when you are working on a file and especially when off line or trying to demonstrate a technique to someone.  I can't discover a way  to download them to play at a convenient time when not near an open connection to the internet.  Is there a way? :)

Try SaveFrom.net: you just paste in the URL of the Vimeo or YouTube video you want to download, wait until a green download button appears and then press it.

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

What an amazing work u guys are doing to help us out with Affinity.

once again...Thanks!

:D

I have to absolutely echo Jacques' sentiments. I feel so lucky to have found such a helpful and supportive community of like minded people.

What amazing work indeed.

Three cheers for affinity!

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

• Staff

Hey, if you're accessing them on Vimeo you can just click the Download button. I wouldn't recommend downloading the originals as they're fairly big in file size - instead, download "UHD 1440p" (for newer or re-recorded videos) or if that's not an option, "HD 1080p". This will ensure you get the best viewing quality. Hope that helps, let me know if you run into any issues!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hey, if you're accessing them on Vimeo you can just click the Download button.

That button doesn't seem to work in Microsoft Edge, but it works OK in other browsers (including Internet Explorer).

Alfred spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

I am a 74yr old complete novice as regards photo editing and have just downloaded the trial version for Mac.

Delighted to see so many video tutorials, but the downside I can see is that the 10 day trial period will not be long enough for me to evaluate if I can master the programme well enough to warrant purchasing.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this and comments from any other complete novices who are now using.

I can guarantee that you will not master it in neither 10 nor 30 days.
But you will look forward to a whole new world of possibilities. The price is a bargain.
I doubt there are many that knows everything there is to know about this program. 

Just take one step at the time. Learning new skills keeps the brain young. ;)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2