You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LEGACY: Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

It also appears that you are in quick mask mode (the red mask you see) you will also need to make sure white is your selected foreground colour in the swatches panel and choose the brush tool as MEB states, then that feature will work. Also that link does not show the brush tool it shows how the layers work and how to stack them.

Allan

Thanks Allan. That's what it was. I needed white. :)

Thanks Allan. That's what it was. I needed white. :)

No worries. 

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Hi,

I am a newbie to use Affinity Photo and Photo editor.

it is thankful to have those Affinity Photo Video tutorials and I have enjoyed watching them and learning. But I am wondering if it is possible to get these practice photos so that a newbie like me could feel free and more confident of following the way the tutorials demonstration.

Thank you.

Robert

• Staff

Photo video update!

Well, James has had a very productive few days in his toolshed!  Here are the latest videos, which are also added to the master list pinned to the top of the Tutorials forum.    

New

Updated

Regards

Andy Capstick

Affinity Docs

• Staff

Another quick video update!

Four more videos have been added to the master list including a beginner's walk through that aims to help people who are new to image editing software and its basic concepts.

Here are the new videos added:

•    For Beginners

•    Flipping Golden Spiral

•    Raw Noise Reduction

•    Useful Keyboard Shortcuts

Look out for more videos soon..

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hi,

will there be translations into other languages? Like german, french....?

wird es Übersetzungen der tollen Tutorials in andere Sprachen geben? Mein Englisch ist nach ca 35 Jahren aus der Schule nicht mehr wirklich so gut...  ;-)

Vielen Dank, thank you :-)

Hi Andy,

I have watched all the Affinity Photo Video Tutorials, they have such a smooth flow to how each edit is done.

Looks very simple, yet when I go into AP to replicate, I seem to be for ever at a loss on how I should go about it.

Totally lost and exasperated!

Your Tutorials are excellent for experienced folks with knowledgeable background on layers.

I migrated over from Aperture and by comparison -

AP has much more to offer, but definitely not as simple as Aperture.

Thanks 

Great program! So looking forward to learning more.

My question may have been asked before . . . .

Is there a PDF manual?

The videos are outstanding, but for me it is awkward to switch back and forth from AP to video and back again. Having a printed explanation of a technique would make it easier to (at least for me) learn.

Again, an awesome application!

Thanks in advance,

James M. Gross

Thanks for great software. I agree with many who want a written (or PDF) manual. 

Most software manuals are so poorly written but I have faith that you will expand on these videos. For example, your layers video describes all sorts of nesting theories but doesn't really explain how to get from A to Z without stumbling. 
Keep up the good work. Look forward to learning more about this software. 

By the way - why doesn't it state .jpeg, rather than .afphoto as the extension?

• Staff

Hi neversink,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The jpeg format doesn't offer support for several features that you use in the software (like multiple layers, masks, adjustments etc).

So to be able to use and keep them for later editing you will need to save in Affinity Photo's native file format: afphoto.

• Staff

Hello all,

Three new videos for you this week (I'm clearly slacking), the master list has been updated with these:

•    Exposure Merging

•    Non Destructive Inpainting and Cloning

•    Layers Nesting

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hi there,

As an absolute satisfied Lightroom user for years but switching from Photoshop to Elements and back I 'must' or wanted to say that I am very happy with your Affinity photo launch! Having said this and seen nearly all video tutorials, they boosted my start with AP so thx for that.

Some questions:

Is it possible or an idea that you also make a short tutorial about the preferences and which to choose best?

Another one is the idea to (don't ask me how to do it technically) remain the layers when saving back to Lightroom. As flatten tiff it works already perfect but sometimes I want to adjust a few things afterwards and than my details are gone.

I hope you will also develop some more options for printing.

But no complains! What you all have developed already at this level is amazing.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Andy

Great videos, thanks again.

The layers nesting is very useful and everything is clear about that now  :)

And I'll make a great usage of the non destructive inpainting for sure !

I just have a question, could someone remind me what the shortcut shift+cmd click on layer is selecting exactly ? (diffuse glow video, 1:24)

Thank you

[EDIT] Forget my question, selection based on luminosity with alpha. I had to use it this week-end

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6