You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

LEGACY: Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

Hi Pariah73, you are awesome trying to help the newbie koka and yes there are great people giving free tutorials beyond the 200+ from this site.  

But there also seems to be someone who is looking for the ‘no learning curve’ software. I have several other software applications including the one mentioned Luminar 3.  

I will say to kola that the learning curve on this piece of software is also a big, perhaps greater than AP, and the amount of detailed learning videos are scant.  This is the first time in the Luminar’s history that there has been a free upgrade but you do need to buy the previous iteration to get the upgrade.  Luminar is not cheap.  The other issues with other softwares is that they deal with only a portion of what AP is capable of.  

When the betas are being developed sometimes there is frustration with the new reworked tools/filters because tutorials are needed to learn what the developers have in mind.  But I understand that they are still in the process and making a tutorial now would be premature.  I noted in another post the James R :D made a comment that seems to imply that he is now again working on tutorials.  

Thanks you James R :9_innocent: for your comprehensive vids, can’t wait to see how the new HSL works.  

Thank you Affinity team, you are awesome. 

H there, I see all your comment were written in 2015., I just purchased my copy two weeks ago and now am struggling to get things working. My copy is v 1.6.5.135, don't know if it is the latest (it should be) but it doesn't look like one in tutorials, have BIG problems with functioning (takes 10 attempts to stretch crop frame and other things are very slow, as well) and my laptop is no slouch - 8G memory, i7 processor, plenty room on hard drive, so, all exceeding requirements of the programme. What could be the problem? Thank you.

Thanks Omar. I think my problem is the mouse because I have the same problem in other programmes where I have to drag anything across the screen. The touch pad works fine. Maybe tutorials should mention what OS they are done in, it would help to avoid confusing poor souls like myself. Programme otherwise great at excellent price.

There is a help file embedded in AP. Right click on Affinity Photo Beta app. Show package contents and search Resources for "Help" There should be a file called AffinityPhoto.help.

Copy this file to your Desktop and open, It's version 1.7 with an index and is interactive.

• 1 month later...

The videos are great and have been extremely helpful to learn both digital editing in general and AP. Having been through the complete list in the last year at least once, I periodically return looking for new ones as I gain more experience and the product matures. The list has grown substantially and finding the new ones is becoming a challenge. Wondering if you guys could add the publish date, or some other way to find finding new videos since a previous visit much easier. Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
3 hours ago, vit157 said:

Hi!

All video-links seem to be down and not working.

Any solution to this? :/

@vit157

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) The Photo tutorials have been refreshed and moved. Please see this new thread or use the Affinity site Photo Desktop tutorials webpage

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...