You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - demo pdf from ai layer limitations

I am looking at your software (I send you a website email about my options for purchase), and have installed affinity designer. When I load a eps file purchased from a subscription site, export it to a pdf with layers and then get a message that x number of layers max number has been reached and it will not export the rest of the layers. When I load the photoshop pdf only a small number of layers show up. If the software is purchased, will this stop doing this?

I would also like to know if you offer non profit prices 501c and do you offer all three packages for a special pricing?

• Staff

If you are running on Windows, can you try our latest Affinity Designer 1.8 beta as some changes have been made to PDF which may help. If you're using macOS a Designer 1.8 beta will be available soon. If you could provide a screenshot of the message you receive when exporting to PDF. If you can also PM me a copy of the EPS file I can also go through the process myself (The file will be deleted after testing)

You can get a similar message when exporting from Affinity to PSD (not PDF) this is a limitation of the PSD format and is out of our control.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:22 AM, mileslowe said:

I am looking at your software (I send you a website email about my options for purchase), and have installed affinity designer. When I load a eps file purchased from a subscription site, export it to a PSD with layers and then get a message that x number of layers max number has been reached and it will not export the rest of the layers. When I load the photoshop pdf only a small number of layers show up. If the software is purchased, will this stop doing this?

I would also like to know if you offer non profit prices 501c and do you offer all three packages for a special pricing?