You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo is in the Mac App Store Now!

Dale

When I received the notification email, I rushed to the Affinity Photo site. Unfortunately, the main picture (astronafts between standing stones with a black raven on top) emanates some negative emotions. Please, change that picture with some of your other works in the presentation video. The previous picture (while AP was still in beta) was just great.

Hi everyone, I just bought Affinity today. I followed the beta versions, and it just looks great, I guess it's just what a lot of people need since aperture isn't maintained anymore by apple, and photos miss some features I need to work with my RAW files. 

Just one question, I have a macbook at my home, and an other older mac at my parents home, can I use Affinity on both if I use the same Apple store ID on both ?

Thanks for the great job :)

On the French App Store, Affinity Photos is featured by Apple and ranks first in both non free top ten (Affinity designer being respectively third in the paying apps and fourth in the most profitables apps).

I still have to find my workflow between Affinity Designer and Affinity Photos, but from what I see I might end my Adobe Photograph subscription even sooner then expected.

Now I’m eager to play with Affinity publisher’s and put my old Indesign CS6 to rest.

Well done on a true Photoshop contender.  (I've owned PS 4 and PS 7...)

Blisteringly fast.  Svelte in use.  Fully featured.

Taking advantages of all the Mac's features, software and hardware.  This is what a 1st rate focused developer Mac app should be...  No 2nd class citizenry here!  

I couldn't resist buying Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer with their current promotion pricing.  Absolute steal deals.

Congratulations on Affinity Designer getting an Apple Award for Design excellence.

Having took both apps for a quick test drive...they are brimming with potency.  They bring a cutting edge competitive quality to the Mac design space and app community.

The Digital art Mac legacy, with Affinity, is in safe hands.

By the way, 2 years worth of free updates?

Awesome job.  This is how you treat customers.

Amen.

Azrael.

• Staff

Of all interesting things, Affinity Photo was recommended by a teacher in a photoshop course :)

That's what we like to hear.  ;)

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Is the launch discount over already?

I was a bit late to the game, and it's still 23 July but it seems the price is now? I thought it would have been 23 July inclusive.  :P

We've made the offer July 23rd inclusive, until midnight. What country's Mac App Store are you using?

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

The Singapore one

The offer should expire at the end of the day - Apple hit the switch on that though. We get to choose when the description changes, i think that should be another hour or thereabouts (6pm GMT ish)

Well that's a shame. Nothing you can do?

Sadly not, the controls we have are limited and the transactions are all securely Apple. If I could send you an individual 20% off code I would but that's not possible either.

Sadly not, the controls we have are limited and the transactions are all securely Apple. If I could send you an individual 20% off code I would but that's not possible either.

Ah well, thanks anyway.

Maybe Apple sets sales endings as non-inclusive, might be something to talk to them about.

We took care to ensure it was a 15 day sale to avoid confusion about whether the promo was still running on the 23rd - and it was - but seemingly not right until midnight. Apologies that you just missed out, we'll have to make up for it by being awesome in as many ways as we can.

I purchased the App on the 23rd and I was not granted the discount.

Why?

HOw do I get this discount?

Apple's response to my inquiry

Thanks for choosing Apple.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for contacting Apple iTunes Store Support. I am Fernando, your iTunes Store Advisor.

I understand that you were not able to get the discount that were promised to you by the developer of the App “Affinity Photo”. As a customer myself, I also want to make sure that I’m being charged correctly. rest assured that I’ll do my best in investigating this case.

I checked the developer’s website and it said there that the discount was until July 23, 2015. I check your purchase history and it showed that it was purchased the same date.

I hope you understand that the application provider of each third-party product is solely responsible for that third-party product. The iTunes Store is just a storefront to let the developers showcase their applications. The developer is responsible for the pricing, updating, troubleshooting and providing assistance with the App and In-App purchases and promotion issues.

I therefore recommend that you contact then developer directly to check with them why the discount was not applied. They can be reach through their support website:

https://affinity.serif.com/forum

Note: Although we mentioned third-party products in this email, Apple doesn’t recommend or endorse these products.

I trust that this information will help you resolve this case. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email.

Sincerely, Fernando iTunes Store Customer Advisor