tonyl09

Blue screen when substituting fonts for PDF

When trying to substitute fonts when opening a PDF, I twice got the blue screen from Windows 10. Designer version 1.7.3.481

The blue screen cited cldfit.sys.

Regards -- Tony

Hi Tony,

the file "cldfit.sys" belongs to the OneDrive-Service of Windows. A recent update of Windows can cause some trouble. Walt.Farell created a post on that topic last autumn:

Cheers,

Volker

I'll report back on that thread. I did remove that update, which allowed me to substitute the fonts and edit the file. However, when I tried to save my edits as a Designer file the blue screen returned.

Tony

Hi tonyl09,

Unfortunately this is not something being caused by our software. User mode applications (i.e our apps) are not capable of causing a BSOD on Windows. It is only kernel-mode applications (in most cases drivers) that can cause them. The cldflt.sys file listed is one that belongs to Microsoft's One Drive.

There does seem to be a few users (notably HP machines) who are getting this in other applications such as Outlook when saving attachments:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9

I would suggest you disable One Drive for the time being and stop it from starting when you turn your machine on and see if that improves the situation.