You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity photo perspective tool returns to source if you zoom in

• Staff

Hi Designer123,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is by design. If you are setting up the perspective using the Perspective Tool (from the toolbar on the left which is destructive) and then switch to any another tool then the changes/adjustments you made are baked up to the image. If you then switch back to the Perspective Tool you are actually starting a new destructive perspective distortion operation thus the grid resets to its default. If you need to zoom in/out during the perspective adjustment use the keyboard shortcuts or the mouse.

If you want to keep all the perspective distortion workflow non-destructive, use the live filter version instead (menu Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Distort > Perspective...). You can switch tools whenever you want and return back to the perspective distortion adjustment/setup whenever needed double-clicking the Perspective live filter layer in the Layers panel.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for pointing out the Live Perspective tool.  It is really great having a non-destructive tool as powerful as this one.  What I like most about it, is that it affects all the layers beneath it including masks etc.  

It would be a nice feature if while in the tool you could pull a guide line out from the margin for reference purposes. Yes, I am admitting that I always forget to prepare my canvas before starting with the perspective tool :-).