You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when loading large JPG image

The German Affinity Photo 1.8.0.486 (and its predecessors, and all other Affinity programs, and in fact all other Serif programs including PhotoPlus 8) simply dies silently when trying to load the attached JPG image of size 12128*1888. All other programs that I ever tried can load it without any problems (including Microsoft Paint). It would be nice if Serif programs could also manage that.

Andreas Weidner

20191027_115327.jpg

After downloading the picture attached to the above post, I also cannot read it with any program anymore, because it seems to have become corrupted either by uploading or by downloading. Please tell me how to send you the original file, bypassing this forum.

I managed to read the original image with SnagIt, Directory Opus, ImageGlass, Paint, Edge, LibreOffice, XnViewMP, InDesign CS5.5, PDF24. I had problems with Serif products, FireFox, TextMaker.

Andreas Weidner

At the current moment use haakoo suggestion about TIF conversion. Or use 24bit PNG (lower size with same quality as TIF) - anyway the problem is solvable, but the bug is persist, the similar issue was reported several hours ago with the same suggestion.

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Motion Panoramas from a Samsung Galaxy Phone crash the app) of the program in the latest Windows customer beta of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The 1.8.0.526 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.