You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG - Drag and drop to reorder colour patelle bug

Hi,

I am seeing A LOT of bugs in the affinity software these days and it is very sad to see. Every day Affinity Designer crashes 4-5 times and it is so bad now I am constantly saving as I go along which I never had to do before.

This current bug is to do with reordering the colour palette swatches within any particular colour palette. I am running the latest version of everything and I am on a mac. See the video below.

https://www.loom.com/share/970cd268dfcd4c3dba231a397972b3cd

• Staff

There is no need to send the file if it crashes on new document. 

Did you purchase the app from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

If you purchased from the Mac App Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Containers\
rename the 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner' folder to 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.old'
Start Designer
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Designer does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.old' folder please?

Instead if you purchased from the Affinity Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Application Support\
rename the 'Affinity Designer' folder to 'Affinity Designer Old'
Start Designer
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Designer does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'Affinity Designer Old' folder please?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I too am having the same problem on Publisher 1.8.3 using a MacBook pro running Catalina 10.15.4. Every time I add a colour to my swatches and then try to relocate it to create colour order, the app crashes and wipes out all content created by not saved up till that point. It happens in multiple documents, whether created from new or editing a previously designed document. It is incredibly frustrating.