You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

re-linked image not updating

Using Publisher beta 499, preferences/general/automatically update linled resources ticked. I place 2 copies of an image on a page. I use the Resources panel to embed one of the images. I then change one of the images with P/shop and save it. The linked file updates correctly. I unembed the embedded file so it shows as linked and the file doesn't update - the displayed image is different to the actual file. Also the Update option is greyed out. Am I missing something?

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

I've just done the same and when setting the embed picture to linked it updated (I did seem to have to zoom in/out to force a redraw, or it took a second).

Any steps you might have missed out?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

When I relink the embedded file I get the small preview showing a colour image but with a Colour space: Grey. The file prints in colour and makes colour PDFs apart from PDF/X 1a: 2003 which comes as a grey image. If I close the document and re-open it it shows as grey corectly. It seems my system isn't refreshing properly here.

image.png

24 minutes ago, MickRose said:

It seems my system isn't refreshing properly here.

You are not alone

Only when closing and reopening the document is the image updated here (Windows 8.1)

Can seem to find a way to force a refresh/redraw

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Neither can I. If you "Edit Image" it shows correctly but as soon as you go back to the main file it reverts to the wrong one.  I'm sure it's not a slow system fault. I might leave it overnight and see if it refreshes at all.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.