You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity is opening deleted photos

I know this sounds weird, but today when I went to Import from Photos too open a recent photo , in both recent and recently added I am seeing a whole series  (340) of photos that had been deleted from my camera roll. I have to scroll through all of them before I get to photos taken before today. I have taken several today and they are where they should be as the most recent.

I have since gone to my photos recently deleted album and cleared that and checked all my devices and those photos have been deleted, but when I click on them in Affinity it actually is opening the deleted photo ready for editing.

How is this even possible as they have been deleted from all my devices?

Next question how can I clear them from this page. If I want to open a photo taken yesterday ? I have to scroll through 340 photos to even see them. 

Any help gratefully received. 

Cheers

Barb