You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Brush

3 hours ago, affinity2darkness said:

If I change the  visibility or size of the brush the brush preview and cursor will go's away. I have to click on a random part of the screen for it to return.

As far back as I can remember it has always done that if you use the mouse to change the Opacity or brush width sliders.

Rather than left click somewhere on the work area (which often leaves a mark), you can simply right click to return the brush cursor.

The other way to avoid the problem is to use the short cut keys, the square bracket keys to increase or decrease brush width, and the number keys to change the opacity setting.  If you use the short cut keys the brush cursor remains visible.

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

On 10/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, Greyfox said:

As far back as I can remember it has always done that if you use the mouse to change the Opacity or brush width sliders.

Rather than left click somewhere on the work area (which often leaves a mark), you can simply right click to return the brush cursor.

The other way to avoid the problem is to use the short cut keys, the square bracket keys to increase or decrease brush width, and the number keys to change the opacity setting.  If you use the short cut keys the brush cursor remains visible.

Thanks for the tip!!