You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradients Export Import

Hi

i noticed there’s pretty much no decent gradient variety in the swatches color studio ..l

Is there no way to import and export gradients? I don’t see any options in the menu!

I don’t want to have to create new gradient for each and every new document/file ... would be good to be able to save it “globally” for the app to be able to use when ever needed, like Assets and Brushes can be set for global, as well as imported and exported and backed up!

7 minutes ago, RobRed said:

Is there no way to import and export gradients?

Explore Edit -> Create Style.

You can import, export styles as you please.

Check out Styles Palette.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

13 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Explore Edit -> Create Style.

You can import, export styles as you please.

Check out Styles Palette.

Hello, thank for reply

But ... where on Earth is “Styles palette” and where is “Explore > edit” .... is this for the iPad version? I don’t see it anywhere ...

Hello @RobRed,

Apologies, Explore was meant to encourage to you explore.

To see all the styles that are part of Affinity Photo go to View -> Studio -> Styles.

That should get you a palette with all the styles available.

Then selected your object (say a rectangle) and click on one of the cogs in the style palette to apply the gradient style that you like.

After that you can start creating your own styles.

I'd encourage you to explore the help provided with the application. (Help Menu)

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

29 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Hello @RobRed,

Apologies, Explore was meant to encourage to you explore.

To see all the styles that are part of Affinity Photo go to View -> Studio -> Styles.

That should get you a palette with all the styles available.

Then selected your object (say a rectangle) and click on one of the cogs in the style palette to apply the gradient style that you like.

After that you can start creating your own styles.

I'd encourage you to explore the help provided with the application. (Help Menu)

Hi there ... this is a query under the discussion forum for Affinity DESIGNER for iPad , not Affinity Photo ... so doubt it’s related? But thanks anyway Seneca.