You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live projection, what am I doing wrong?

I used live perspective projection in the past but suddenly I do not get it working for me.

I chose layer > live projection > perspective projection

I did the edits, the edits on the background work just fine. I added another picture (the key) but this one is not projected at all.

Do I need to merge the layers every time?

Schermafbeelding 2019-10-30 om 14.58.22.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-10-30 om 14.58.08.png

• Staff

Hi dries :) 

Sorry to see you're having trouble, could you please upload a copy of your .afphoto file so I can investigate this further for you? 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Does Perspective work with Image layer? Doesn't need rasterization to Pixel layer?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff

Good catch Psenda, you're correct here as Live Perspective Projection can't be added to an (Image) layer - in my testing I've found that the projection is only applied to the singular layer that's selected at the time and it cannot be applied to a layer that hasn't been rasterised.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Unfortunately Perspective Projection can't be applied to groups either. You may find the Perspective Tool suits your workflow better here, you can find out more about this tool here - https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Tools/tools_perspective.html?title=Perspective Tool

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I used to be able to add perspective to a embedded document so i could embed a saved art board from affinity designer, edit the perspective to fit a mock up i created and then I can click on my embedded document in photo and change the art boards to see different previews. However It's been around a year since I last used it and now I cant use Live Projection on embedded documents any more. It's just grayed out so I cant use it.

exmaple error photyo.PNG

Edited by mr.harpermayo
Re-blocked out my company data

• Staff

Hi mr.harpermayo,

Welcome to the forums :)

I've rolled back to version 1.6.5 which was made live in August 2018, created a new document in Photo and placed a Designer document with 2 artboards as an embedded document. With this document layer selected, I cannot apply any Live Projection, as shown here -

image.png

As far as I'm aware, this has always been the case - however your previous workflow would assume otherwise. I will check with our QA team tomorrow and update this thread with any pertinent information :)