You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.0.486 Focus Merge drops out pictures by itself

hi,

I've stumbled to a bug using Focus Merge option, will report it here in beta but it is also present in latest retail version.

Made a series of pictures - it was a handheld sequence so there are some shaking and moving between them.
If I load all of them (50 for the test) AP makes merging but drops out first 16 and starts result from #17. (pic1, pic2)

If I try merge on first 16 only all is OK, first 20 is also OK, but first 30 - bang - this time it drops last 14 pictures and stops at #16. (pic3)

There is obviously bigger difference between picture 16 and 17 so AP gets confused but in any way no auto-dropping should be done - I should/would like to be a judge what to leave out in next merge attempt.

No other stacking software I tried behaves like this so I would like very much to have this fixed, it's not easy to check in a bigger stack are all my pictures in, or AP had his thoughts what's OK :)

pic1.JPGpic2.JPGpic3.JPG

• Staff

Hey krbo,

I can reproduce this. I've observed everything you have said and I agree, we shouldn't really be throwing anything away.

I've tested it with 120 images and it worked fine. I'm really not sure what is failing here so I'll need to pass this to the developers. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:35 AM, Chris B said:

Hey krbo,

I can reproduce this. I've observed everything you have said and I agree, we shouldn't really be throwing anything away.

I've tested it with 120 images and it worked fine. I'm really not sure what is failing here so I'll need to pass this to the developers. 

I experience same problem. Any luck with solving och adressering this issue so far?

On 2/7/2020 at 10:54 PM, maomspv said:

I experience same problem. Any luck with solving och adressering this issue so far?

no progress at all (latest beta tested) and I just had to search for another stacking software as AP failed again in a case of 400 images

pity

On 2/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, krbo said:

no progress at all (latest beta tested) and I just had to search for another stacking software as AP failed again in a case of 400 images

pity

yeah, it´s pity…. until this issue occured the focus merge function was super... 

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh beta 1.8.1.595 lists among other fixes:

Fixed Focus Merge throwing away images

must say it was quite fast, will test it later - it's 01:00h now here :)

13 hours ago, krbo said:

Fresh beta 1.8.1.595 lists among other fixes:

must say it was quite fast, will test it later - it's 01:00h now here :)

tested with full set of pictures (109) from the top post - everything went great!

nice fix, thanks to the team!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.