You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White Balance Slider Buttons One Extreme or the Other

Hi there

This happens often (but not all the time); When I am trying to change white balance in the develop persona, the buttons either go to one extreme or the other and not really anything in between. Attached is a video demonstrating my problem, the CR2 file I used, and my performance settings in Preferences.

Kind Regards,

Jayden

IMG_4139.CR2

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 18.55.22.png

Hi MEB - thank you for your response.

After starting up Affinity Photo again today to work, and without changing any settings (Enable Metal Compute Acceleration), the white balance seems to be working normally again. I am not sure what I did yesterday differently today.

Is there a chance that by leaving AP open for long periods of time (and not editing anything) that when I open a RAW image the white balance sliders start acting strange? I tend to do this.

I am running the latest version of AP 1.7.3, as well as the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15. Attached is a photo of my hardware specs.

Kind Regards,

Jayden

Screenshot.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, Jayden Brand said:

After starting up Affinity Photo again today to work, and without changing any settings (Enable Metal Compute Acceleration), the white balance seems to be working normally again. I am not sure what I did yesterday differently today.

Is there a chance that by leaving AP open for long periods of time (and not editing anything) that when I open a RAW image the white balance sliders start acting strange? I tend to do this.

Hi Jayden Brand,
Seems a one off case then. Leaving Affinity Photo opened for a long period of time shouldn't cause these or any other other type of weird behaviours in normal circunstances. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue here anyway. I wouldn't worry too much with this for now but let us know if it happens again.

30 minutes ago, MEB said:

Seems a one off case then.

Hi MEB

It happens a good 40% of the time, and I never know what causes it or what keeps it from happening. I have been using Open GL, Open GL (Basic), MCA turned on and off, and Metal. It has been a consistent on-off scenario since I downloaded AP a few years ago.

Regards,

Jayden