You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity CAD 3D

Welcome here, Shir0bry!

If Serif (not Affinity) has enough resources at some point, why not? But still not a single 3D tool in AD and we are waiting for basic bug fixes and needed tools in the existing apps since years.

I would prefer Designer to have some CAD-like features added, like dimensioning, scales and DXF support.

+10^3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 2:45 PM, Shir0bry said:

I think it would be great if Affinity developed a CAD/3D software program. 

Just thinking out loud. 

affcad.jpg

It would be an awful lot of effort to do that in what is already a crowded market so I suspect that the prospects are very remote.

It is also a very varied market so it would be hard to decide what features and applications should be served. Electrical CAD is very different from architectural CAD, and some people think 3D modelling is also CAD.

I would prefer Designer to have some CAD-like features added, like dimensioning, scales and DXF support.

• 5 months later...

to optimize resources and time, to start in this field, Affinity Designer was good to be able to import formats: Autocad, Rhino3D, Blender3D, SketchUp3D, FormZ3D, in vector drawings. Take a complementary approach first. Moving towards a low-cost cad software solution something like DraftSight 2D (CorelCad is the same as changing only none), or NanoCAd (nice), is something more serious.

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, mokelvey said:

Is there a DESIGNER CORRELATION TO ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR? Can Illustrator files be imported? How about PDFs?

Is there life on … ? Well, this thread is about Affinity CAD 3D. But these questions are already answered in this forum.