You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Crashes when Zooming 1.7.3

mugs

• Staff

Hi mugs,
Can you go to Affinity Photo > Preferences, Keyboards Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Photo and the second to View and check if you have the Zoom In shortcut set to ⌘+ please? Are you running any third party menu utilities that may interfere with shortcuts? If so can you please turn them off temporarily and check if Affinity still crashes when you perform the zoom in operation using the shortcut. Thanks.

I did double check and ⌘+ is set for zoom.  And I do not have any 3rd party utilities running.  I've also noticed it's not just zooming that crashes Affinity.  Most of my workflow is editing raw files from photos app.  I've tried editing by sending photo through Photos App as well as exporting it first then bringing into Affinity.  I've seen crashes either way it gets into Affinity.  Sometimes it crashed when selecting the brush icon.  I do not see any patterns.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MEB,

Any chance you were able to sort through the crash report?  Unfortunately AP is useless because of the constant crashes.

Please advise.

Thank you.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:20 PM, MEB said:

Hi mugs,
No, your hardware is more than fine. It's something else. Thanks for the crash report. Let me check this and i will get back to you.