You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spare channel right click not working properly

PeterB.

hi,

I don't know if this has been reported: when using psd files with spare channels it is really hard to load these to pixel selection. You have to right click on a very special point over the channel name to get the dialog. Right clicking on thumbnail or name is not working. I made a short video where my clicks are marked with a blue circle.

can anyone else confirm this behavior?

MacOS 10.14.6 / Affinity Photo 1.7.3

• Staff

Hi PeterB,
Enabling the Secondary click in the System Preferences fixes the issue as you already discovered. I believe we already have this logged - i'm checking/confirming if that's the case and will fill a bug report if not. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other way to make it work reliably without enabling the secondary click in System Preferences (or clicking the exact spot(s) where it works: there's actually another one almost near the trash icon on the right).
Thanks for your feedback/report.

• 3 months later...

I'm having this problem using a trackpad and keyboard. I'm using Cntrl+click(trackpad) and nothing happens when selecting the spare channel. I can control click using the same combo on creating the spare channel from the pixel selection but then cannot use the spare channel for anything. No menu appears so I cannot rename it or apply it to any function. Please advise.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:09 AM, PeterB. said:

can anyone else confirm this behavior

22 minutes ago, treborokram said:

I'm having this problem using a trackpad and keyboard. I'm using Cntrl+click(trackpad) and nothing happens when selecting the spare channel.

I have the same problem as @treborokram and probably the same as @PeterB.. I also have it with the Wacom.

Having said that I have the trackpad and Wacom set up to use the two finger tap interpreted as a Control + Click and the two finger tap works flawlessly. Probably why I haven't seen this before now.

It is also there in the latest Beta. 1.8.0.168

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi treborokram,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is an issue we are already aware but wasn't fixed yet. I have bumped it again to bring it up to dev's attention. Meanwhile if you ctrl+click very close to the thumbnail on the left, of almost near the trash icon on the right - these two areas should display the contextual menu. Try a couple times to discover the exact spot. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am still having this problem in January 2024, using version 2.2.1 on my MacBook Air, MacOS Cantalina, 10.15.7.

Really annoying, but at least I can get the dropdown menu if I click in various places long enough?

Clicking " ctrl+click very close to the thumbnail on the left, of almost near the trash icon on the right - these two areas should display the contextual menu." only works sometimes.