You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text flow broken in existing file (curves and frame)

oschrenk

I wanted to fix an issue with an existing design and I am running into text flow issues within that file.

1. Words are breaking (where the were not breaking before)

2a. Text flow within a curve are not working as expected. They are currently rendered below the actual curve instead of within.

2b. Creating a new curve with text does not flow text correctly.

macOS 10.15.1 Beta (19B86a)

Designer 1.73

affinity-broken-flow.png

• Staff

Hi oschrenk,

Could you attach a file that demonstrates the issues you are getting please? Do you have a file that opened fine in 1.7.2 that now doesn't in 1.7.3?

Regarding the text flow, could you also attach a file that demonstrates this please? I've just tried it on a new document and it is fine, this could be down to some formatting settings or defaults in your file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean @Sean P,

While I am waiting eagerly for a new beta that might address my issue, I was hoping to work around the issue by using an older version of Affinity Designer and I am running into some roadblocks.

Through a forum post (1) I found a link to older versions at (2), especially to 1.7.0 and 1.6.5. I can verify that the bug was already existent in 1.7.0 and that I can’t work with 1.7.x of Affinity on this project.

But, unfortunately, I am not able to run the 1.6.5 version offered on (2). It says “Your trial has expired!”. I bought Affinity Designer via the MacApp store and don’t have a product key that I am aware of.

1) Is there a way to reset the trial? Or
2) Give me a (temporary) product key for 1.6?

Regards,
Oliver

(1) https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/101305-mac-install-older-version/&tab=comments#comment-545913
(2) https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/macos/designer/1/

• Staff

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately it is not possible to reset the trial, or give out temporary product keys unfortunately. If you have a Time Machine backup set up on your Mac it may be possible to get an earlier version using that, however any file that has been saved in 1.7 will not open in 1.6, so you will have to have to recreate your document if it has been saved in 1.7.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...