You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possible to lock/fix just position of a Frame?

Hi, I'm creating a cover template for an unexperienced user. I'm preparing a Picture Frame and a Text Frame.

I want her/him to just be able to drag/drop an image into the Picture Frame (and zoom/move it to find the right detail) and to replace the text in the Text Frame. That's it. I don't want her to fiddle around. (And I know how easily you accidentally move the Frame when zooming the image, this happens so often.)

I know that I can lock the entire frame but this prevents my colleague from editing at all. So, I'd love to lock the position of the frames, only, but still allowing editing.

Is that somehow possible? It would be a great feature!

Thanks,

Kind regards

Johann

10 minutes ago, Interior Book Design said:

Is that somehow possible?

Not possible at the moment. I would file a request for that feature, if I were you.

As far as I remember people have asked for this option a few times already, but it wouldn't harm if you did the same thing again.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

10 minutes ago, Interior Book Design said:

I know that I can lock the entire frame but this prevents my colleague from editing at all. So, I'd love to lock the position of the frames, only, but still allowing editing.

Could you use some kind of mask that consists of two rectangles of which the smaller one cuts out the area of the visible part of the image? This could be locked and the image below can be moved and zoomed as needed.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Add the picture frame and text frame on a master page

Their positions will be locked on the normal page but still editable

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, Interior Book Design said:

Is that somehow possible?

On the other hand, if you put your picture frame on a master page, and apply that master page to your working page, then you won't be able to move it but you can replace that picture at will. Effectively, you will have it locked but able to edit.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4