You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo In the App Store

... ...  Should i remove the beta?

I would like to buy it too, but I’m wondering, what to do _exactly_ with the installed Beta? 

I know from other apps, that there could be problems with 2 versions, so please tell me, what to do before buying & installing from MAS. 

Thank you !  :)

And…  CONGRATS on the release !!!   :lol: 

Hi Sun,

Just drag the Beta from the Applications folder to the trash. Then install the Mac App Store version.

Thx! Will do so.  :)

I thought there would be some hidden Beta-stuff somewhere (in the Library…???) that should be manually deleted too…?    :huh: 

If you know of such hidden rests of the Beta, please let me know and tell me the path(s) to it, if possible. 

TIA!  :)

OK, I got to go on now, to tell friends about Affinity Photo… let’s see, where A.P. will be in the MAS charts  in 24 hrs…  :-))

… very high, IMHO  ^_^ 

Still downloading after an hour and a half. I have fibre optic so 195 Mb should be a doddle. Telephoned Mac Apple store help and was told they would stop download and refund so I could repurchase and start again. However original download is still running {showing another hour to go] and I cannot find how to stop it. 

Any suggestions please?

Panic over. I went shopping and left download running when I came back it was finally complete. Reckon it took at least three hours.

Purchased - best spent money in my entire life... Exactly 173,45 Polish zlotys.

Considering the dollar-zloty exchange rate (1:3.82) and the Polish VAT (23%) it seems as though the Polish price is about 10% under the US price. Interesting.

I am certainly not complaining as the introductory price for AP is a very, very good buy and has been more than covered by the money I saved since January by dropping out of the Adobe Photography Program and using APB instead. I was just surprised that the App Store prices vary from country to country. I guess you learn something new every day.

I have a question concerning file limitations. With PS if your file exceeds 2gigs you must save in the PSB or large document format. Does this feature exists in Affinity Photo ?

And are you limited to two computers with installation of the software?.

• Staff

I have a question concerning file limitations. With PS if your file exceeds 2gigs you must save in the PSB or large document format. Does this feature exists in Affinity Photo ?

And are you limited to two computers with installation of the software?.

No reason you shouldn't be able to have files that exceed 2gig. What is your use case? Affinity Designer shares the same memory system and file format so you could experiment with the Designer Trial.

We use the standard Mac license so two computers in a commercial individual use or 5 in a home environment,

Hola a todos, ya dispongo del software Affinity Photo definitivo, acabo de comprarlo en la App Store. Quiero felicitaros por el gran trabajo que habéis realizado, honesto y profesional. He seguido las versiones Beta casi desde el principio y a pesar de que no domino los programas de diseño (PS, etc) estoy convencido que en poco tiempo lo dominaré. Casi siempre he utilizado Ligthroom y Aperture pero solo como clasificación y edición básica, por eso no domino el tema de capas, pinceles, etc.. si tengo dudas consultaré en este foro.

Pido disculpas por no expresarme en inglés, no lo domino y prefiero no equivocarme, así que si no os importa lo haré en mi idioma español.

Gracias

YESSSSS ! 

I've just bought Affinity Photo in the App Store ! Thanks for all the great work, I love it !  :) *Big Thumbs UP*

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Canon EOS 50D

iMac 27" 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

Considering the dollar-zloty exchange rate (1:3.82) and the Polish VAT (23%) it seems as though the Polish price is about 10% under the US price. Interesting.

I am certainly not complaining as the introductory price for AP is a very, very good buy and has been more than covered by the money I saved since January by dropping out of the Adobe Photography Program and using APB instead. I was just surprised that the App Store prices vary from country to country. I guess you learn something new every day.

In Poland price is exchanged euro to zloty (not US dollars). Basically price is comparable.
I think, this price is steal for awesome piece of software... After 15 years with PS I switched to Affinity Photo, and I have hope never go back.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.