You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apply Liquify changes to another layer?

Hi, sorry, this might be a bit of a confusing question, as I don't have Photoshop so don't know exactly how it works there; I may be totally confused about what it can do.

My understanding based on watching a video is that in Ps you can make liquify changes on on layer, then select another layer and apply the same changes to it. This was used in a processing approach where several layers with different exposures but the same scene were used. A B&W high-contrast layer was used to make masks, and Liquify changes in the Background was applied to the layer used for a mask so the changes did not have to be duplicated manually. Is there a way to do this in Affinity Photo?

Thanks!

Carol :)

• Staff

Hi CarolT and Welcome to the Forums,

Without seeing the video, it's hard to know the exact workflow that was used.

In the Liquify Persona you can save a Mesh you've applied to one layer as a separate file and then apply that to another layer via the Load Mesh option in the Liquify Persona, so i'd say this is possible but might help if you can link to the video you watched :) 

You can also macro record what you do in the Liquify Persona and replay the macro on other layers 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

15 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi CarolT and Welcome to the Forums,

Without seeing the video, it's hard to know the exact workflow that was used.

In the Liquify Persona you can save a Mesh you've applied to one layer as a separate file and then apply that to another layer via the Load Mesh option in the Liquify Persona, so i'd say this is possible but might help if you can link to the video you watched :) 

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/_cfmtrpyD5A?t=2251

Liquify in Ps also has face detect and face sliders, which is nice. :)

As it turns out, it seems to be dead simple to do what she did in the vid in Affinity: I pushed things about in one layer, Applied, selected another layer that would correspond to her contrast layer, and Last Mesh, and it made the same changes! I didn't even have to save and reload the mesh from the first layer. AWESOME!!!! :)

Thanks so much! :)

Carol :)