You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: Transparency Tool Non-Functional

Good afternoon,

The transparency tool for my Affinity Designer program (Windows-based) no longer works. I can click the icon for the tool, but it doesn't function. It doesn't bring up options to change (linear, radial, etc.). Nada. Did I miss something? I'm running the latest release as far as I know. 

Please advise? I love that tool!

The options for the Transparency Tool should be on the Context Toolbar:

image.png.d3b8cfe771ea74a0b9959eba1422922d.png

Do you have the Context Toolbar showing? (View > Show Context Toolbar) If so, what does it show?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

Absolutely nothing. 

Ooooh, and YES—it IS a pixel layer. Created a background w/ noise filter in photo & just opened it in designer to work. So I should export it as a jpeg or png & then import? 

You guys are amazing! Thank you—I’m self-teaching at home, so excuse my ignorance, please?

• 1 year later...