You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, csj said:

What is the latest beta? 1.7.3 is released.

There is no active beta for Designer on Mac at this time.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@csj

There were a number of Windows fixes that were worth putting out as a 1.8.0 beta already. Designer and Photo Mac betas will come to the public forums when the Developers have made sufficient progress with features and bug fixes, such that Public input would be helpful.  

As head of QA I would expect the I should think it will be a few more weeks before Photo and Designer on Mac are ready for any public testing, as they should include features/improvements as well as fixes.

If you want to know when the Mac Betas are released you just follow this News/Announcement thread you will get a notification whenever a post is made to that thread.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
On 8. November 2019 at 6:35 AM, retrograde said:

what fixes/features will be included

Well, perhaps only the old features because there is no “new” in “should include features”. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, dsnaps12 said:

Tick tock. On Twitter I asked about the Mac BETA. Its coming but no ETA. 

As my Grandmother used to say "and so is Christmas". I have learned as a software consumer that patience is needed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 3. Januar 2020 at 8:06 PM, dsnaps12 said:

we end up with a version worse than the previous

Does not sound like a trusting attitude to the programming skills of Serif. ;-)

Seems there is a bigger problem with macOS that Windows did not have or new features are being implemented that the Windows beta did not get last year.

3 hours ago, Oval said:

Seems there is a bigger problem with macOS that Windows did not have or new features are being implemented that the Windows beta did not get last year.

Not at all I just said I don't want a rush job and obvious that's not what they are doing. The windows version had a ton of bug fixes and Serif felt it was enough to bump it to ver 1.8

19 hours ago, Oval said:

Maybe there will be a few surprises regarding new features for Designer. And well, the macOS Photo Beta was just released.

Best regards!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.