Sign in to follow this  
Zephod

Scripting / dealing with generative artwork

Hi! 

In my previous more adobe-based workflow - I had a great system set up where I could generate front-panel graphics for our products using a bunch of scripts and SVG import pipelines. I would then manually touch them up and print them on to aluminium.

Most of the SVGs dealing with fonts/texts are however broken when importing to affinity designer.  Besides waiting for better SVG support - Is there a scriptable way of inserting texts/labels in to an affinity designer file? 

The quick answer is NO, since Affinity apps (like AD etc.) don't have any build-in support for scripting yet. -  So you would actually need to do your own workarounds to overcome with this, as for example export as editable SVG file with dummy place holders for text/labels, which you then change on demand via some external script processing tools (python, awk/sed/perl ... etc.).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan