You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Display name of brush when modifying it

An olg bug or lack of feature is that we can't see which brush is selected. But I was able to look at its name when modifying it before.

But with the last Bêta (AD and AP), I can only read: "Pinceau - selection / Brush - selection) when I modify a brush (or open its settings to look at its name)!

The name of the brush, and why not the category should be display on the brush' settings panel (Category - name). An option to  keep the same brush, same size, etc. with the different Brush Tools would be nice too, since it's when I needed to know which brushes I was using with the other Tools. (And spend time selecting and resizing other brushes).

Improvements to the Brushes would be:

• Displaying the name of the selected brush when modifying it
  • Highlight of the selected brush in the  brushes panel
  • An option in the context toolbar to keep the same brush with same setting (size, opacity, flow…) when switching brush tools

If those options were available, I would have spend less time selecting and adjusting brushes in my last works!

2019-10-27_074636.png.e44666e0421d069554205a225782050d.png

I don't see that, Wosven.

If I double-click a brush in the Brushes panel, the name of the brush displays in the editing dialog. It's only when I use the More button in the Brush Tool's Context Toolbar that I see "Brush - Selection" in the dialog.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.