Wosven

Display name of brush when modifying it

An olg bug or lack of feature is that we can't see which brush is selected. But I was able to look at its name when modifying it before.

But with the last Bêta (AD and AP), I can only read: "Pinceau - selection / Brush - selection) when I modify a brush (or open its settings to look at its name)!

The name of the brush, and why not the category should be display on the brush' settings panel (Category - name). An option to  keep the same brush, same size, etc. with the different Brush Tools would be nice too, since it's when I needed to know which brushes I was using with the other Tools. (And spend time selecting and resizing other brushes).

Improvements to the Brushes would be:

• Displaying the name of the selected brush when modifying it
  • Highlight of the selected brush in the  brushes panel
  • An option in the context toolbar to keep the same brush with same setting (size, opacity, flow…) when switching brush tools

If those options were available, I would have spend less time selecting and adjusting brushes in my last works!

2019-10-27_074636.png.e44666e0421d069554205a225782050d.png

I don't see that, Wosven.

If I double-click a brush in the Brushes panel, the name of the brush displays in the editing dialog. It's only when I use the More button in the Brush Tool's Context Toolbar that I see "Brush - Selection" in the dialog.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

It's the panel that appear when clicking on the "more" button (since switching brush tools—eraser, smooth, brush…—stops displaying the selected brush).