You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

anti aliasing or fringing in beta

Not sure whats going on, but you have different zoom levels, seems to me you cropped somthing somwhere.

Also, check Edit -> Prefrences -> Performance if you have same settings for view quality.

image.thumb.png.baa9f1e68a2287da97878d4adf9a7d07.png

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

Hi, are you viewing on two different monitors? The screen grab on the left is significantly sharper as if it were on a high DPI monitor (look at the text), whereas the screen grab on the right looks much softer, as if it were captured on a standard monitor...

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hey @TEcHNOpls There was a difference in which graphics processor was being used (see Capture3 on this post).  The Beta was using the built in Intel HD Graphics.  I switched it to the NVIDIA card so they were both using the same processor and restarted the Beta version

James... I was running both 1.7.3 and the beta on the same laptop.  That was one screen capture of both programs opening the same file.

For Capture2 (attached), I set both windows to the same size and used Ctrl 0 to set the picture centered.  So it is interesting that the percentage zoom is different for each... and the font is still a bit fuzzy for the beta version.  So... same monitor on HP Spectra Laptop, Intel i7-7500 with 16 GB RAM + NVIDIA GeForce 940MX.

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Staff

Have you got any custom scaling? Go to the Photo beta install directory, right-click on the Photo.exe ("C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe") and attach a screenshot of the compatibility and High-dpi settings. 

If you look closely, Photo beta UI is larger than the Photo release, so something is definitely going on. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Have you got any custom scaling? Go to the Photo beta install directory, right-click on the Photo.exe ("C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta\Photo.exe") and attach a screenshot of the compatibility and High-dpi settings. 

If you look closely, Photo beta UI is larger than the Photo release, so something is definitely going on. 

That was it!  The beta version was using the System DPI setting and the released version was using Application.  Attached screen shots of both released and beta versions of DPI and then updated the beta version.  Much better!

Interesting that the beta defaulted to using system on install.

Thanks!

DPISettings.JPG

DPISettingsUpdated.JPG

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.