You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple store will not update 172 > 173

Which store (Apple or Affinity) did you buy the app from, & which app did you buy?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

If you purchased from the Mac App Store, open the App Store app and check that you are logged into the Apple ID account that was used to purchase the app. Then check the Updates section, if nothing shows and you have confirmed the current version you're running is 1.7.2 you have a couple of options.

1, Try refreshing the app store, logout restart your system log back in.

2, Remove the app from the Applications folder, then download again from the App Store, this will download the latest 1.7.3 version. (Only do if the app is also showing in the Purchased section of the App Store, if not contact their support team to have your account checked.

If you purchased direct from our Affinity Store, login and go to the Downloads & Product keys section. Locate your order and click the download button, this will download the latest version. Once downloaded double click to begin the install.

2 minutes ago, dannymontani said:

Bought through the Apple store.

I am afraid to move it and re-download as I would be sure it would want another $49. Can't seem to find a portal to Apple re this issue. ugh

Signing out of the App Store and signing in again (as Lee mentioned) has fixed it for some users.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

First and most important questions in this case:

• Are you logged into the Mac AppStore with the correct Apple ID?
  • If you click onto the „Updates“ tab in the store: Is there no update visible?
  • If you click onto your personal account tab (bottom left of the AppStore window: Is the application listed there?
  • If not: What happens, if you go to main menu „Store“ and choose „Update page“ (Don’t know the exact wording in English or your language. I use the German version of the AppStore application.)

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty then. I was able to download from the Apple store on Nov 3rd......after I applied the Apple security update for this month...which I am always up to date with. I went to the store and the application came up as update. Finally. Must have been a glitch in the OS or Apple got my complaint. Done. Thanks for the input guys.