Great job Affinity team for you Photo and Designer apps! I can't wait for Publisher. I'm sure you will do a great job. One key feature that I've notice in other page layout tools beside Adobe is absence of bleed margins.

I believe a great feature you can add to Affinity Photo is to create an Apple Photos extension like MacPhun has. Since Affinity is not a photo manager, but makes it easy to develop RAW photo it would be great to instantly send RAW photos from Apple Photos to Affinity Photo.

Hi jrbell8,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Bleed along with other professional printing features are already on Designer's roadmap and Photo's roadmap.

If you install the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta (pinned at the top) you will be able to use Affinity Photo's extension in Apple's Photos. Just remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed to be able to run the Beta. This will also be available later for the Mac App Store version.

Is it possible that you'll add the ability to open afphoto/design files to any of your windows pc products? I use both systems to some extent and it would be useful. Thanks

1. Make Photo "remember" the last setting for an export by ticking a box
  2. When loading more images that the tab bar can support, have a image that is selected to edit, remain the select tab, with focus and shown on the tab bar.
  3. Make it possible to edit a set of tabs and then bulk export them with the same settings.
  4. Make it possible to tick a box and have the Develop settings remain the same from edit item to edit item.
  5. If I say, tick the box for "Shadows and Highlights for one item I am editing, it should be able to have it remain ticked for the next item.
  6. As soon as I hit enter while cropping an image, it should apply.
  7. The Media Browser needs more work.  A grid view.  The ability to select multiple items and then load them all?

Thanks!

Again, sorry... Desperately in need of a rotate canvas tool in Aphoto. I'm still with photoshop only because of this tool. As a graphic artist I just can't manage to draw without it.

Again, sorry... Desperately in need of a rotate canvas tool in Aphoto. I'm still with photoshop only because of this tool. As a graphic artist I just can't manage to draw without it.

It's on its way. Matt has it working but just needs tidying up. Will be here for Christmas ;)

Wow … and as far as I can tell from the gingerbreads already present in local supermarkets, Christmas will be quite early this year … maybe as early as the next Beta? … ;)

I really need to pick the black and white point. I hope this would be added in a future update. Maybe add a picker to levels so the black and white point can be mapped.

Hi, Affinity on twitter directed me here when I grumbled about having to return to using Photoshop for producing animated GIFs.

I've seen you don't support them, I just wanted to raise my hand in favour of implementing it (in designer or photo, I don't mind which).

I really would like to uninstall Adobe everything, not quite there yet...

Embedded XMP metadata, please.   I'm about to dump LR & PS and I'm entrusting my survival to Affinity.  I'm very impressed with the progress you've made so far, and pray your enthusiasm will persist.  To get over the loss of LR, I'm trying out the Photo Supreme Digital Asset Manager.  Its far more powerful than LR, but it has the drawback of being cross platform.   I much prefer Mac only apps for obvious reasons, so I look forward to the launch of a DAM from Affinity a.s.a.p.

EDIT:   Having test driven Photo Supreme for a whole week (12 hours/day), I'm giving up and staying with LR.  One major factor, unfortunately, is that its company is only one very dedicated developer.  Meanwhile, I've decided to clean up the organised chaos I've crated in LR, add GPS locations, and rationalise the keywords into a hierarchical structure, ready for D-Day sometime in 2016.  A problem I haven't resolved, is should I bake the developed images into jpg, tiff, png or even afphoto, to ease the transition to Affinity DAM.  Any thoughts or guidance from the Affinity Team would be appreciated.

Are there any plans for pressure sensitive opacity? This is a pretty essential feature (like the pressure sensitive size) when using the brush tool.

Are there any plans for pressure sensitive opacity? This is a pretty essential feature (like the pressure sensitive size) when using the brush tool.

I'd much rather have opacity than size for pen pressure.  It's easy to simultaneously use a wacom wheel for size and seems quite natural, but pressing soft/hard for opacity is hard to replace with a wheel or anything else for that matter.

Grumpy, but faithful (watch out all you cats)

Please find below the current feature roadmap for Affinity Photo. The list is a selection of features from our own internal roadmap we would like to share with our users. If a feature you would like isn't on the list then feel free to create a new post so everyone can discuss it. We read all the feature suggestions and consider each one very carefully.

Photo Editing

-Looks/Macro persona

-Batch processing

-Symbols
-Levels improvements
-Curve Improvements

-Lasso tool improvements including magnetic and straight line modes

-Export persona - preview with compression and palette optimisation

-Halftone filter

-Haze removal

-Non destructive Develop Layer    

-Develop improvements         
-Improvements to PS plugins

Usability

-Artboards
-Customisable shortcut keys
-Tool Presets
-Custom rotation/transform centre 
-User categories in the media browser for shapes and objects

Pro Printing

-Publishing PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4
-Trim and Bleed control
-Overprint control
-Printer marks including crop, registration, colour bars and Info
-Pantone, Spot and Registration colours
-Linked/Global colours
-Tints of colours

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post.

For Pantone and Spot color, does this mean Pantone and spot color channels?  Because that would be a gamechanger as far as me using it professionally.  I pulled the trigger on a copy today because it is really looking like the only hope for me to get away from Adobe.  But for now, not having any kind of usable channels is a big drawback to production work.  Photoshop's channels are out of this world useful.  But without pantone channels, I can't save to any kind of "separation" friendly format. Such as DCS2.  Photoshop uses spot channels for this so I'm asking if that is how Affinity Photo would handle it

Today is my first time really taking a look.  Is there no palette for paths?  Once a path is created, can it not be saved?  That would be my feature request.

Select Color Range seems rather skeletal compared to Photoshop.  It would be great to see it reach Photoshop level. Also, it doesn't seem possible to hold shift and select multiple colors.  It's also not so easy to tell what exactly is selected.  The marching ants aren't very good for letting you know what's selected.  The whole live thing is nice though.

Accessing, toggling, the zoom.  This is a problem I've seen in other programs including Adobe Acrobat.  For some reason, you must meticulously make sure to hold the spacebar first.  Or you'll create a mistake.

There's a focus problem when moving from the palette to the document sometimes.  It's similar to the problem with the zoom toggling.  In this case it seems that one must click on the document to place the focus there.

Escape Key should close every dialog box.  For now, it seems to only work on some of them.

It would be great to have an option for the mode of redrawing things, bicubic, nearest neighbor, etc.  Currently in the preferences you can set this as a global default, but Photoshop allows you to decide, each time you scale or rotate an object.

I'm going to keep trying to use it in my regular work and see what else I can find to improve it.

+1 for EXR HDRI

Also a depth map driven lens blur filter would make me buy this in a heartbeat (very useful and pretty much essential for 3D artists).

This series of images shows what they do (the lens blur amount is driven by the map): 

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=36&t=48950 

And this video, at the 3:25 mark will show you how Photoshops lens blur filter works. You can click to highlight the area in focus: 

http://www.warnermcgee.com/modo/depth_output.mov

Pro printing is an essential need, as is convenient access to a huge investment in plugins. DAM would be nice, but AP works perfectly with Photomechanic 5 as the import and DAM engine. Any ETA on pro printing? It doesn't seem likely in the short window between now and the end of year. Better to get it right than to rush.

mrf