10 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Question. What exactly is a "Looks Persona" and what does it do that the other personas can't?

I've asked multiple times and still don't have an answer to this question.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

On 10/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, Dan C said:

The Looks Persona is, afaik, planned to have many artistic filters much like Photoshop with in-depth control. 

sounds eerily like this one but nondestructive and live instead?;

fi_02.png

gumroad.com/myclay | timurariman.com
Windows 10 Pro - 1809 | Ryzen 2700 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB  | 64GB |
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX500 1TB | WD Black PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

4 minutes ago, myclay said:

sounds eerily like this one but nondestructive and live instead?;

fi_02.png

Maybe it is better to be named as "Artist Persona" instead of "Looks Persona"?

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7

2 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Maybe it is better to be named as "Artist Persona" instead of "Looks Persona"?

Maybe they want to suggest that one can achieve different looks without needing to be an artist! :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

It might be something entirely different, its a first hunch and just speculations. They will probably have by now thought well about its naming.

gumroad.com/myclay | timurariman.com
Windows 10 Pro - 1809 | Ryzen 2700 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB  | 64GB |
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX500 1TB | WD Black PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

1 hour ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Question. What exactly is a "Looks Persona" and what does it do that the other personas can't?

AFAIK this is the latest info about that, so we can expect it to offer a Photoshop-like filter gallery with lots of "in-depth" control, whatever that means.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

4 hours ago, Mithferion said:

What they have is this, in the latest Mac Beta:

- Added support for CR3 RAW when using the Core Image engine.

Best regards!

OK thanks, then the PC version can't be too far behind. I really hope it happens soon... I love Affinity, but not being able to open the raw files really is a pain in the ass.

Is there an updated roadmap? The roadmap in the OP is 3 years old. 

I saw no mention of TGA export being added in 1.7. 

I'd like to know if i should stop hoping for TGA export.

It's been 2 years since the devs have recognized that it's a wanted feature, yet there's been no movement on it. (Here's one thread; can't seem to find the other one where another person described the usage of TGA to a dev, and the dev recognized it as a viable feature):  

The lack of TGA export is the only reason why I can't recommend Affinity Photo, or Designer, to anyone who works in game dev.

On 7/9/2015 at 4:28 PM, scorman said:

Very important for me the Pro Printing.

I have just thrown Photoshop, would like to do the same with illustrator :p

Any idea of date?

Given the massive cost of RIPs for any inkjet printer the attachment of a licensed RIP would serve all us photographic Printers (amateur &pro alike). Maybe just using the licences trial software package with an option to purchase with discount within AP itself?

My own epson 3880 pro has a massive depth of capability which is entirely blocked for the user by the manufacturers limited software and the RIP companies certainly take advantage of that to the hardware owners frustration and their own loss; given that the amateur user simply cannot afford their product.

Bit of a collaboration opportunity here, I think.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

On 1/15/2019 at 6:26 AM, R C-R said:

A lot of Photoshop users expect almost everything to be the same in Affinity Photo as in Photoshop. Personally, I don't see any reason why they should. Serif is not trying to make a Photoshop clone & they have been very clear about that.

Not to be argumentative, but perhaps Serif should be trying to make a PS clone, or at least make the similar features operate in a PS-friendly way. If I were Serif I'd be hell-bent on luring PS users who are sick of renting their software. I imagine Serif is targeting Illustrator users with AD.

One way of implementing 'PS-friendly' without impacting current AP users would be to add a 'compatibility' mode that PS users could enable. This would allow behavioral changes to appear only to PS users. Taking this concept further, these behaviors could be enabled/disabled on a per-feature basis and available to all AP users. I'd like this myself.

I'm certainly not suggesting that AP implement every PS feature lest AP become what I've seen described as slow, bloated and unwieldy (among other choice adjectives :12_slight_smile:). What I hope is planned is to implement the stuff needed to take advantage of the PS ecosystem.

For example, as Macros are made more powerful, mold them in the direction of Actions in such a way that increasing subsets of all PS Actions run directly in AP, or be easily translated. This will probably take a long time to fully implement, but in the meantime we'll have access to a growing chunk of the Adobe ecosystem I mentioned above. And AP will benefit in areas unrelated to Macros as the infrastructure needed for Action compatibility is implemented.

Windows 10 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP & AD

Can we have an "As of" Date at the top of the roadmap list as the post creation date is misleading and doesn't reflect the roadmaps current status.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

On 3/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, firstdefence said:

and doesn't reflect the roadmaps current status.

Is there a roadmap for iPad release?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

3 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Is there a roadmap for iPad release?

No there is not. The iPad version gets >90% of the desktop features so hasn't needed one. The iPad version has no additional features (that I can think of) that are not in the desktop version.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

10 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

No there is not. The iPad version gets >90% of the desktop features so hasn't needed one. The iPad version has no additional features (that I can think of) that are not in the desktop version.

Ok, and thanks Patrick. Will we be seeing a 1.7 rel for iPad anytime soon. There was mention of an iPad release just before Xmas that was then delayed, but nothing since then, which is a little disappointing. :/

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

Oh God... please... please just give us color separation ability in Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer so we can run those T-Shirt business with your software. Please. Corel can do it... please help us with some kind of an update asap for this.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:38 AM, Kuso77 said:

Is there an updated roadmap? The roadmap in the OP is 3 years old. 

I saw no mention of TGA export being added in 1.7. 

I'd like to know if i should stop hoping for TGA export.

It's been 2 years since the devs have recognized that it's a wanted feature, yet there's been no movement on it. (Here's one thread; can't seem to find the other one where another person described the usage of TGA to a dev, and the dev recognized it as a viable feature):  

The lack of TGA export is the only reason why I can't recommend Affinity Photo, or Designer, to anyone who works in game dev.

That may have been me in here;

The mod stated that TGA hasn't make it into 1.7 but I'm hoping they will still consider adding asap, as I still regularly see people asking for TGA support. :)

On 2/13/2019 at 9:38 AM, inezar said:

waiting to  support CR3 raw file  

Me too. For a year and 1 month now, too be exact.

On 7/13/2015 at 11:11 AM, wlengfelder said:

Congrats to Affinity Photo. I´m very surprised about the features and performance of this app. 

I´d like to use my psd-actions in affinity photo. Perhaps you find a way to import or convert this actions to affinity..

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Not possible. Actions use funtions available by the host application, in this case Photoshop to execute. Some features used in the action might not work in Affinity Photo because they might work differently.

Wouldn't it be so nice if this could happen? The adjustments reside inside the adjustment name instead of a popout. This is just my opinion.

AFFINITY Mockup.jpg

And also since the already established thumbnail previews are in the adjustments, we could use this as a place to store user "presets" ? Just thought of that but that may be too much.

Hi,

I think it is a time now to refresh the roadmap.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7

On 1/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, R C-R said:

A lot of Photoshop users expect almost everything to be the same in Affinity Photo as in Photoshop. Personally, I don't see any reason why they should. Serif is not trying to make a Photoshop clone & they have been very clear about that.

Indeed, Serif is not trying to be Photoshop, it aims higher and I, as a Photoshop user, endorse it, but I must say a few things are really much harder to get coming from many years using Photoshop. And I think I'm part of the target audience for this product. 

Also, I believe it is imperative that Affinity makes it as smooth as possible for users to make the switch: after 15 years of Adobe software, habits die hard, and it would be much easier to have this kind of small adds to make the transition smoother. 

MY REQUEST: ARTBOARD COMPATIBILITY

Right now, the only reason I'm canceling my purchase is that the software can't really read my previous work, and I can't afford to start 10 years of client work from scratch. Whenever I try to open a file with art boards on affinity photo (even designer, for that matter) I can't really use it, see the attached screen shots from the same file in both Photoshop, Photo and Designer. 

Also, the drop shadow effect differs much in Photoshop and Photo, that's a minor issue but is there, specially when you're working with fonts, where Photoshop handles antialiasing much better. I know it to improve in the future, but it impacts on exchanging files with other people. 

D8tlo1lXUAANCjz.jpeg

D8tlo1kWkAA1H2M.jpeg

D8tlo1lXoAEUqQb.jpeg

There is a option "View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas" in Designer with "\" as a shortcut which, for some reason, doesn't work with Artboards.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7