Re: support for image layer Spot channels.

Does this mean a CMYK + N channel image? E.g. to create a hi-fi color image? What image file format can it be exported as? (E.g. so that it can be placed into a page layout application (hopefully yours))

What about the following small feature... in PS its possible to import a screenshot you just have done...

in PS it opened up the Option-box for a new document (strg +n) with the exact messurements of the screenshot i just have done

not (yet) so in AP... there you have to type the pixels or inches/cm by hand...

it that possible to implement too?... :D

1 hour ago, Tyves said:

What about the following small feature... in PS its possible to import a screenshot you just have done...

in PS it opened up the Option-box for a new document (strg +n) with the exact messurements of the screenshot i just have done

Have you tried File > Import From Clipboard?

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

59 minutes ago, Tyves said:

Works already. File->New from Clipboard.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

Yay... really have to try that... thanks a lot guys... it’s really hard for a newbie like me to shut down the good old habits:/:D 

Maybe I am missing something but I would like to see a projection crop tool as it is in photoshop.  This would help greatly  for architectural work.   This would work great when shooting with a wide angle lens. Maybe I am missing something but I dont think it is there now.  Thanks

4 hours ago, hanshab said:

Maybe I am missing something but I would like to see a projection crop tool as it is in photoshop.  This would help greatly  for architectural work. 

I would think Lens tab in Develop has needed correction options. 

thanks but none of those corrections provide for projection (perspective) cropping of part of an image and extending the perspective  to larger segments of the image while maintaining the selected perspective then cropping to the selection.  This is very useful to get architectural images perspective the way  a user needs it to be for architectural photos.  Please look at the perspective crop tool in photoshop.  That is what I would like to see.  Maybe someone has figured out a way to do this with macros?

thank you

42 minutes ago, hanshab said:

thanks but none of those corrections provide for projection (perspective) cropping of part of an image and extending the perspective  to larger segments of the image while maintaining the selected perspective then cropping to the selection.  This is very useful to get architectural images perspective the way  a user needs it to be for architectural photos.  Please look at the perspective crop tool in photoshop.  That is what I would like to see.  Maybe someone has figured out a way to do this with macros?

thank you

The projection perspective cropping tool in Photoshop does a few different things and it's possible that the perspective tools in Affinity can do what you want but we really need an example of what that is.

If you could upload an image and say exactly what you want to do with it, someone may be able to advise you better.

PS It may be best if you start another thread/topic for that

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

2 hours ago, hanshab said:

none of those corrections provide

You can get the same end result, but it will be a different tool. I prefer to crop separately as there is usually a need to inpaint/clone the missing foreground anyway.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:53 PM, R C-R said:

Affinity Photo, like Designer, already has this. Just select the Pen Tool (& optionally the Polygon or Line mode), hold down shift when placing the next node & it will be constrained to horizontal, vertical, or 45° placements. For straight lines at arbitrary angles, just use the Polygon or Line mode & click to place nodes wherever you want. This also works in conjunction with the various snapping options, including snapping to a grid (which can be customized via the Grid & Axis Manager), & to guides, margins, page spread, & so on.

not with the brush tool. Sorry, that is what I was trying to ask for.

It is possible to use the  "Save over psd files" To go from ON1 Photo Raw 2018 to Affinity and when you Save in Affinity image goes back to ON1. Is it possible for Affinity to expand this feature to other formats like dng and jpeg in future. It would then be the same as from Lightroom to Photoshop and back to Lightroom

Most of this stuff is way over my head and I'm thinking that maybe someone has asked before but put it in technical jargon so with fear of being shouted down'

In the next update will I be able to (1) save my line widths (now defaults to zero) . and (2) save my selection of tools from the STUDIO which then sits on the right hand site of my screen.  

Obviously at present I have to selection the same things I want ie Transform, Layers and edit each time.

Harrythespida

Very Excited about updates to the Export persona. 

I just bought Affinity due to frustrations with Photoshop. In particular, their export functionality - which I use on a daily basis for multiple photos - Sometimes hundreds in a day, for display on our websites. 

So the Export function is one of the most important - image speeds are ranked by google, and sites are penalized on overly large or slow images. Part of the major problem is Google has it's own image compression algorithm, which is terrible. If you've ever used gmail to mail an image to someone, only to go back and look at your image inline in the email, and wonder why it has major artifact issues, you'll know what I mean.  And yet consistently Google Speedtest flags my images as uncompressed (in reality only a few kb over what they think the image could be) - and then provides appallingly badly compressed versions of my images. So I'm stuck between getting images down low enough they don't set off Google radar, but  large enough they don't have major artifacts. 

So the demand for good quality compressed images is huge - and there are few viable desktop services to compress images. Online image compression services just aren't viable when you're dealing with hundreds of images in a project on a daily basis - you need good image compression and you need it within the image editing software package. 

So can I please, as a industry professional, highlight the three features which are key to good export software:

1 - Compression algorithm choice - you already have this implemented. Fantastic. I do wonder though if there are better compression algorithms - Bicubic has been my go-to in Photoshop, and it's implemented in Affinity  - it consistently produces low file sizes with less artifacts.
Yet, other compression systems seem to be able to achieve better results - surely there have been developments in this field?

2 - Preview compression results - you've already marked this on your development road map, this is awesome. I can't tell you how long I spend scrutinizing images to make sure they look good to website visitors.  

And 3 - Choose image dimensions at export. I don't want to have to change the image size before - I like to work with full resolution files, and save the originals at full resolution. I don't want to create in-between files. And changing image dimensions before export mean I have to go back and undo that action - which is often missed, and the original ile is overwritten with the new smaller one (this has happened more times than I like to admit). 

I need to be able to work with a  full-res file, to export web size in one process. 

This actually has been my tipping point with leaving photoshop - Their export process consistently breaks with changing the image size - often not letting me choose the exact dimension I want. For example; telling it I want to export the image at 850px across the X axis, with the Y axis automatically calculated as constrained image proportions is selected. Then Photoshop export will change the size to 849px, or 852px, but not the 850px I am trying to achieve. 

It's also, on many occasions, re-constrained the image to new dimensions entirely, to factor in objects outside of the canvas. It's a very broken system. 

Sorry for being verbose, but after more than a year of broken software, I'm really keen for Affinity to become my go-to software for image work.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:33 AM, Matman said:

And 3 - Choose image dimensions at export.

You can do this already. Type in '850w' and the height is calculated automaticly on export.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.1.404) - Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.1.404) - Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 7/25/2018 at 1:33 AM, Matman said:

And 3 - Choose image dimensions at export. I don't want to have to change the image size before - I like to work with full resolution files, and save the originals at full resolution. I don't want to create in-between files. And changing image dimensions before export mean I have to go back and undo that action - which is often missed, and the original ile is overwritten with the new smaller one (this has happened more times than I like to admit). 

I need to be able to work with a  full-res file, to export web size in one process.

Hey Matman

Congrats to AP! Very good choice!

I‘m using both apps (Photoshop and AP) everyday and the export problem you wrote about in PS I never had. I do all the export for our e-comm shop and different other system (CMS, PIM, Newsletter etc.) with actions and never have to change dimension if they‘re written in the export action or original files gone overwrite.

I love AP although if there are not everything implemented as in PS is. But all these things you are wrote about you can do with both apps. If you don’t know how, there are many good tuts online. Sometimes you don’t think about something because there are so many and different ways to do. Then go for a quick tutorial search and you will remember or find an other way to do.

Best, chilacho

Mesh Warp Tool to be non destructive

would  be great to see filter similar to  arionFX, i mean color fringe, dirty lens, bloom and glare, better vignetting(i found it's looks bad or it's only for 32bit images too bright)

Great piece of software! I like the way you improve on the parts Photoshop is lacking. However, I would like to see all standard Photoshop filters, especially Cutout. Also the possibility to Crop to the active selection.

Although I love affinity Photo, and it makes some tasks very easy, I have recently gone back to photoshop and just realised why......due to the phenomenal amount of plugins and extensions, which allow users to create their own panels with fantastic time saving features. Will Affinity Photo ever allow users to extend the application, by creating extensions and panels etc?

High-End Photographic Prints

In 25 years, I've avoided plugins and extensions (even free/commercially available actions sets ).... I prefer to build everything from scratch. In the end tends to lead to more freedom and better results... As other ways shall produce a kind of "plugin feel" (Way too often even shouting "amateurish" from miles away....)

IMO, what AP and AD need is to strengthen the core, previous to get too crazy in adding plugins, among many other reason (besides the above one) as anything will build over that core..... My 2c. That said, I find AP and AD already very productive.

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.