On 8/14/2017 at 11:00 AM, paperbirdvideo said:

here are my suggestions for affinity photo that i think would be amazing.

1. midi support for bcr2000 and tangent element and other midi devices

2. better support for plugins! i use DXo film pack and i love it but it crashes! so many good plugins crash and i paid for them and really want them to work with affinity photo!

If you can't program the midi support directly, could you provide an SDK that allows the community to do so?  Or GREATLY expand what can be mapped to a keyboard shortcut.

The midi thing is better, especially if 2-way communication works.

See Loupedeck or similar for Lightroom.

Better plugin support is always useful.

Guys, all of your nice ideas might get lost here … :(

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post.

Maybe the forum administrators should change this sentence to: “… just create a new thread in the Feature Suggestions section.” ;)

On 8/31/2017 at 0:55 AM, A_B_C said:

Guys, all of your nice ideas might get lost here … :(

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post.

Maybe the forum administrators should change this sentence to: “… just create a new thread in the Feature Suggestions section.” ;)

Agree 100%

In fact, I stopped reading this thread. It was supposed to be the roadmap but it's now the wishlist.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 32GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Dell Ultra HD 4k Monitor P2715Q 27-Inch

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Well, the roadmap is on the first message of this thread.

That's true, but the rest of the thread should be discussing the features which are already (or have been) on the roadmap, not the features which users think should be on it.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.40 • iOS 12 (iPad Air 2)

I just want a really simple line tool in Photo.  If there is one I can't seem to find it and the pen tool is not ideal for simple straight lines.  I just want a basic line tool.

Please add switch between channels in Curves as it is implemented in Photoshop by shortcuts "alt+1, alt+2, alt+3...". Once i open Curves my fingers type alt+digit to choose the needed channel but unfortunately nothing happens. I think many experienced users struggle with this issue.

I dont know if its belong to here but i would like to be able to open large PNG files [32K,650MB compressed] like PS and some faster performance for projects above 12K resolution [30000-48000 pixels] with simple operations, like crop, copy/cut, move, merge [minimum layer count, and no effects layers, no masks, 1-8 history/undo steps max].

Affinity Photo starts to lag and slow down a lot with project over 16K resolution [still dont using much RAM]

Photoshop is super fast with such operations with huge pixel dimensions [using 22GB RAM and about 40GB scratch/temp file with 48K project]

Maybe to let Affinity Photo use more RAM? i dont know if it is because of some internal compression or its too much careful with RAM usage or some other internal limitation but my 32GB ram isnt used much by AP, its mostly below 3-4GB of RAM so if its possible to make AP faster by higher RAM usage, im for it.

Also ability to specify different drive for Scratch/Temp file would be cool...

Pagefile.sys is on smaller SSD and i dont want to kill it too fast with my huge pixel projects [have special HDD for it]

Using Windows version AF 1.5

Otherwise its great software for 40EUR and im excited for the future and if speed would improve for huge projects [above 16K pixels dimensions] im willing to pay double, even triple in the long run.

PS: there is some bug after copying cropped layer to other canvas/project, its showing on random side 1 row/column of semi-transparent pixels on pasted layer border.

Core i7 4770 - AMD R9 290x (Driver 18.2.3) - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 ultimate SP1 (monthly rollup)

Danielcz, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums 

Although many people have posted suggestions in this thread, you are welcome to copy and paste it into the suggestions section of the forum also, so others can see it and perhaps agree or add to it. 

As for your bug, bugs should certainly not be reported here. Please report it again in the right place where we can reply in more depth than this thread allows, so we don't lose it in this thread where bugs aren't discussed. 

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hi all, that's my suggestions =D

1. Blemish removal tool: I suggest you to let it can be dragged so who want to go only with circles like now can do that or, who want to make shapes (a cable that can be present in a background), can also do that... and maybe it can have the editable destination like the Develop Persona's "Blemish removal tool"
  2. Adobe Camera RAW save the corrections in metadata (if at the end you click close or open and not cancel if you re-open the file you keep have the corrections) and have the work in sync (open all the shots you want, select all of them and work: ACR make the edit on all the photos until you doesn't deselect)... 
  3. Hope you support plu-gin and panels (like TK panels or Beauty Retouch) soon (Luminosity masks are really useful but now you've implemented only one level for lights, half and shadow (Wow!) more (5 levels of selection) for them will be more useful!
  4. Masks now can't be edit with exposure or curves (or maybe I am simply unable) but if I select the light luminosity mask and I want to let it be more selective I have to contrast that or take down the exposition... Now I can't do that.
  5. Make the Studio's tools can be grouped like we want, if i want the selective brush and the magic wand or gradient+flood fill in the same group now I can't.

For the moment that's all... If I found other things I'll write :)

Please update after 1.6.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Amature camera user, Adobe avoider. Still missing: HLS improvements, Raw development with sidecars, Gradient list in gradient layer/tool. Do want: Liquefy as Layer.

Hello,

I'm new here and struggling with affinity photo in comparison to photoshop.

I'm a photographer and need a fast, solid & intuitive alternative for my daily work...

So therefor I compare my behavior work with ps and are searching for the functions.

First I need a better layer difference by color (see example attached).  I think this is no bog thing for affinity - isn't it?

It helps me so much!

Greetings

Mr.Alan

Layer colors.jpeg

Ability to edit the info / EXIF details. Kind of expected Affinity to already have this functionally. If it exists already, then please reply with how to edit this information (beyond the description field).

From the first post:

(for those of you with poor eyesight, difficulty navigating through the topic pages, whatever) 9_9

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.9.81 & Affinity Designer 1.6..2.24 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.0

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post

It should really say "just create a new thread". As it stands, it's perhaps not surprising that some users have created new posts in this thread instead of a new one.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.40 • iOS 12 (iPad Air 2)

I wanted to ask about the non-destructive Develop layer which is mentioned in the OP. I think this should be top-priority because without it the whole Develop Persona doesn't make sense for my kind of workflow. Are you planning to write the Develop Persona raw-conversion instructions in a separate, small sidecar file next to the raw file (.xmp or something proprietary)? I wouldn't like to be forced to the .afphoto RGB file just to save my raw conversion parameters.

Why matters

Hi, sorta new here.  I was a huge fan of the original Serif products and jumped on board when Afinity hit, I have both Photo and Designer.  I just read a little article about how Photo is ABOUT neck and neck with Photoshop but there are a couple of things about Photoshop that I just love...

1) Liquify, esp the updated one in CC where is detects face, eyes, lips so moving things around can be quite easy.  I work part time in the CG industry so making human skin maps this tool is invaluable. 

2) Puppet Warp... it's like Liquify on steroids.  You can put down points and then take entire areas and move them around without creating a smudged, pixeled mess. 

Also I'm used to being able to double clicking on a layer preview icon to access the layer styles. I found I could do this on the active viewport layer.  I guess I could get used to that but be cool to access layer styles in the layer palette as well!  

Thanks for making such a robust program.

Richard

3 minutes ago, paristo said:

Could we get update to the roadmap? Like what to come in 1.7 or so, before 2.0 gets out?

The roadmap lists the features which are due to be added before version 2.0. I don’t know what more you expect Serif to tell us.

Alfred online2long.gif