Sidecars for RAW files are such a must for more and more.

Being able to extract RAW few times with same parameters or adjusting RAW file for panoramas/stacks/etc. are so much needed. Esp. for panoramas/stacking, it's basically impossible to use stacking w/o these for me, right now.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Amature camera user, Adobe avoider. Still missing: HLS improvements, Raw development with sidecars, Gradient list in gradient layer/tool. Do want: Liquefy as Layer.

Hi,

I asked once a few months ago but I didn't get an answer. Please, can you tell me what will be the content of the new 'Looks Persona'?

Hmmm. They don't answer persistently. Apparently they will introduce this persona in 1.6. :)

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

While to "improvements" to some tools and this persona is a mystery, I'm wondering what will they choose for 1.7 :D

Also, maybe they don't talk about this too much since t may be a sort of a trade secret or similar.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Amature camera user, Adobe avoider. Still missing: HLS improvements, Raw development with sidecars, Gradient list in gradient layer/tool. Do want: Liquefy as Layer.

On 7/11/2015 at 1:52 PM, chilacho said:

Please implement also single window view, so when several document are open to have the possibility to look each single window side by side. This is ver useful if you want to compare the documents.

I do a bit of portraiture and a side-by-side window display for comparison with reference image (white balance, tone, channel mixing and stuff) would be SOOOOOO good.  Thanks 

On 7/9/2015 at 6:59 PM, photo570 said:

Hi,

A suggestion for a feature related to the print side.

Please ad support for Hifi offset printing, i.e. CMYK + other colours such as RGB (Opatone) or OG (Hexachrome). I know these are very niche, but that is my point. I am a photographer that is looking to produce hi-end photo books, and it is very hard to find software to create anything beyond basic CMYK separations. Most certainly not with Adobe stuff. Once the files are separated layout software will pass it through to the PDF if you do it right, but the initial separations, and accurate soft proofing and CC is pretty much impossible with current software. Old versions of Photoshop (CS2) can do it, along with plug-ins, but Adobe got lazy and dropped support.

Once again, I know it is niche stuff, but for those that need it, it would be a huge win to have current software that they can use.

Kind regards,

Jason Berge.

www.shoot.co.nz

Yes to CMYK + spot colors for HiFi printing. This kind of printing is rapidly moving from niche to wide adoption - especially in packaging work.

Opaltone is proprietary - so no real need to licence that. Hexachrome was abandoned by Pantone over 15 years ago.

You can do HiFi separations in Photoshop CC manually and export the resulting image as an eps and it will separate correctly. You can do this because PShop allows you to build a CMKY image with extra spot color(s) i.e. a multi channel image. Those extra channels can be any color you wish. Soft proofing such an image in PShop is OK, not great, but it does work. Attached is a CMYKOG image created manually in PShop so you can see what this looks like.

It would be a great tool for Affinity to include.

CMYK_Orange_Green.tif

I would love to see something like the "Liquify" filter in PShop (see attached). That is the filter that allows you to make subtle facial geometry adjustments and it is extremely useful in portrait work. The filter works quite well in PShop, however, it only has auto facce recognition. So, if it doesn't "see" a face because of things like beards and glasses fooling it, then you're out of luck using the tool. So, if this is something Affinity would include then it should include the ability for the user to manually identify facial features for adjustment.

Liquify.jpg

Hello, and thanks for enabling us users to make suggestions for the improvement on and or expansion of features.  May I request that zoom and radial blur filters are added to Live Filter Layer options?  With a dialogue box to define the origin, extent and strength of zoom - please?  May thanks. 

Hi Lubiloo, gordo,

As stated in the first post (see below), please create a new tread for each new feature you would like to request in the Feature Requests, Suggestions and Feedback section, otherwise these requests may get lost here.

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post.

This is a long thread so forgive the question....

Is there a list of the roadmap features in post #1 that definitely are in release 1.6?     For example non destructively Develop is on the roadmap, but I have not seen it listed as part of 1.6 release.

Hi m43,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Check the first post of this thread to see all new features/changes introduced in version 1.6. If the feature you are looking for isn't on that post it means it wasn't introduced in the 1.6 update but it's still on the roadmap for next versions (the roadmap covers all features planned for the whole 1.x cycle).

I would love to see something like the "Liquify" filter in PShop (see attached). That is the filter that allows you to make subtle facial geometry adjustments and it is extremely useful in portrait work. The filter works quite well in PShop, however, it only has auto face recognition. So, if it doesn't "see" a face because of things like beards and glasses fooling it, then you're out of luck using the tool. So, if this is something Affinity would include then it should include the ability for the user to manually identify facial features for adjustment.

Liquify.thumb.jpg.6b2628c953cd206425b5163911b83f28.jpg

1 hour ago, gordo said:

I would love to see ...

Repeating what you posted two weeks ago isn't going to make the feature get added any faster! In any case, this thread is for discussing what is currently on the roadmap: new feature requests should be posted in a separate thread.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi m43,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Check the first post of this thread to see all new features/changes introduced in version 1.6. If the feature you are looking for isn't on that post it means it wasn't introduced in the 1.6 update but it's still on the roadmap for next versions (the roadmap covers all features planned for the whole 1.x cycle).

The 1.x cycle ends....EOY 2017, 2018..?

37 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Repeating what you posted two weeks ago isn't going to make the feature get added any faster! In any case, this thread is for discussing what is currently on the roadmap: new feature requests should be posted in a separate thread.

I thought I was posting in a different forum because when I posted before I got a message that It was posted to the wrong forum. Sorry for my confusion about where to post the feature request.

48 minutes ago, gordo said:

I thought I was posting in a different forum because when I posted before I got a message that It was posted to the wrong forum. Sorry for my confusion about where to post the feature request.

No worries, gordo. It's easy to get a bit lost in here, especially with all the subforums and suchlike! This forum is 'Feature Requests, Suggestions and Feedback', which is the correct forum for our feature requests, but you've posted to the Affinty Photo Feature Roadmap thread. You need to start your own topic by going here and pressing the 'Start new topic' button near the top right of the page (just below the Subforums section).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I have a terrible memory and when I try to use a seldom needed feature, I almost always get lost in the help menu for a while and often lose my train of thought about what I was trying to accomplish.  I for one would love to see all of the features have a right click menu option when taken, takes one to the correct section of the help manual.  Being able to resize and keep on the screen while following directions would be a big convenience and would also assist in learning how to better use the software.

17 minutes ago, Alfred said:

No worries, gordo. It's easy to get a bit lost in here, especially with all the subforums and suchlike! This forum is 'Feature Requests, Suggestions and Feedback', which is the correct forum for our feature requests, but you've posted to the Affinty Photo Feature Roadmap thread. You need to start your own topic by going here and pressing the 'Start new topic' button near the top right of the page (just below the Subforums section).

I think that's what I tried to do but the "start new thread", because the button was in the iPad area, looked like it was for the iPad rather than for photo. I'll try again.

here are my suggestions for affinity photo that i think would be amazing.

1. midi support for bcr2000 and tangent element and other midi devices

2. scroll through luts via keyboard. i would love to be able to scroll through all the luts in a folder with a keyboard key like right arrow and left arrow so i can see whats happening to the image quickly.

3. would love to be able to use my LR presets and have them work with affinity photo. i have a huge collection and i think it would be amazing to use them in affinity photo

4. would love to see a false color plugin that is native or feature so i can see exposure levels visually through colors

5. would love to be able to use PS actions with affinity photo

6. would love to see it as a plugin for premiere

7. would love to see color wheels and bars like in davinci resolve. that would be amazing. that way when you guys do use midi controllers...user can use track balls.

8.would love to see lut gallary and LR gallery thumbnails which means once you import a lut preset folder you can instantly see thumbnail icons of how each lut affects the image

9. would love to see a feature where you import an image and then you import a reference image and then it turns the imported image into having the exact same colors as the reference image! this would be great for matching cameras as well.

10. better support for plugins! i use DXo film pack and i love it but it crashes! so many good plugins crash and i paid for them and really want them to work with affinity photo!

11. also instead of having to create a new document why can i not just open a picture instantly like i can in PS? i just want the document size to automatically conform to the picture size as soon as i open a document.

18 minutes ago, paperbirdvideo said:

11. also instead of having to create a new document why can i not just open a picture instantly like i can in PS? i just want the document size to automatically conform to the picture size as soon as i open a document.

It has never been necessary to create a new document and place an image in it, but until now (at least in the Windows versions) it has looked as though the 'Open' dialog only offers native Affinity files when in fact it offers a huge range of file types under the misleading heading 'Affinity Files'. This has been improved in the 1.6 beta versions.

Alfred online2long.gif

A useable HSL tool!

I'm new to Affinity Photo, so I haven't figured out if the feature I'm looking for is somewhere hidden or just doesn't exist.

There seems to be no way to change specific color tones with Affinity's HSL tool which makes it a deal breaker for me. For example when editing portraits I wanna desaturate a specific red/magenta tone in the skin. Photoshops HSL lets me select a color range. Please add it to Affinity Photo. It's so important!

Screenshot 2017-08-30 13.37.52.png