You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to keep all of the formatting  on a TOC text area after you update the TOC content? When I update the TOC area it resets any new tabs and specific character formatting I have applied to the page numbers.

Also, is there possibly a way to have the TOC page numbers appear without the associated text?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Pixel and Poly :)

On 10/25/2019 at 7:59 PM, Pixel and Poly said:

Is there a way to keep all of the formatting  on a TOC text area after you update the TOC content? When I update the TOC area it resets any new tabs and specific character formatting I have applied to the page numbers.

This is by design, when updating the TOC the text is completely regenerated and replaced. If you want to make persistent changes you need to update the style(s) applied to your TOC.

On 10/25/2019 at 7:59 PM, Pixel and Poly said:

Also, is there possibly a way to have the TOC page numbers appear without the associated text?

There's no option to set this when creating your TOC, however you can always manually delete the TOC text if you wish.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks for the reply, Dan!

I can work around the text getting updated as the TOC I’m working on is not that large and the text style I’m using takes care of most of the formatting. Maybe I’ll submit a feature request to add the ability to have a TOC with only the page numbers with no text as it would allow for more flexibility in designing a TOC that can be updated without the need to make manual changes. 

Jeff