You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forlorn Haze - 100% Vector SciFi Illustration

visionvortex

Excellent work. Can I ask if you've done this in 8 or 16 bit? The reason I ask is I can see a tiny bit of colour banding. I'm currently working on an all vector piece and noticed I had the banding issue. Once I upped to 16 bit all the banding vanished... Unless of course that is a 70s look you've gone for? lol Either way I'd certainly say you achieved what you set out to do.

2 hours ago, Ash Eldritch said:

Excellent work. Can I ask if you've done this in 8 or 16 bit? The reason I ask is I can see a tiny bit of colour banding. I'm currently working on an all vector piece and noticed I had the banding issue. Once I upped to 16 bit all the banding vanished... Unless of course that is a 70s look you've gone for? lol Either way I'd certainly say you achieved what you set out to do.

I worked in 16bit. But converting back to JPG for web display makes the banding reappear albeit to a somewhat lesser extent

3 hours ago, Fred Lespine said:

I find it very cool, visually speaking. :14_relaxed:
Maybe you could add one single (even mysterious) element, in order to make the storytelling a little bit more exciting.

I actually felt the same. I tried a bit of stuff... In the end I think it was my initial lack of planning the piece and instead diving right in ("I want to do stuff now!!!!"). I stopped at some point and just got on with it. But the point is definitely VERY valid and I'll keep it in mind for new projects... unless my impatient me wins again ^^'