You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing features

I am missing some features I often use in InDesign. Maybe they are implemented in A-Publisher and I have only problems to find them. Please, what are the equivalents, and where do I find them, for:

a) Buchfunktion (in english Bookfunction?)

b) Wörterbücher (in english Wordbooks?) e.g. for german hyphenation (it is terribble)

c) verschachtelte Formate (nested styles?) and GREP styles

d) There is only the one-line-setting for paragraphs. Where can I find Absatzsetzer (to automatically find the optimal hypehenation and textwrapping in a paragraph)?

e) Can I save my own workingspaces and change them with a click?

f) If I want to have a sheet with e.g. 3 pages, different sizes, how to?

g)  InDesign I has the function "Verpacken" (packing?). So the app looks for all linked resources of a document and put it all into one folder?

h) Why can't I edit placeholder text?

i) missing the feature "Spaltenspanne" (column spread?). Where I can tel e.g. a Headline to display over all columns of a texttframe, or over 3 of 4 ...

j) I can set tabs only by typing the number in mm or pt, right? Is there a way to have a slider/ruler on top of the fram/column, where I can move the tab with the courser until I am satisfied with the result?

Sorry, it's al lot, but I need it! (Not necessesarily GREP)

a) Meines Wissens nicht. Nur wenn man druckt, steht einem eine Bookletfunktion zur Verfügung.

b) Es gibt doch eine deutsche Silbentrennung und auch ein lernfähiges Wörterbuch?

c) Wenn mit verschachtelt, aufeinander aufbauende Styles meinst, das gibt es auch bereits. Styles kannst du auch suchen und ersetzen.

d) Gibt es aktuell nicht.

e) Gibt es nicht, aber im Resourcen Forum gibt es ein Skript mit dem man den Workspace sichern und wiederherstellen kann.

f) Was meinst du mit sheet? Du kannst über Layoutseite einrichten den Seiten unterschiedliche Seitenformate geben.

g) Gibt es nicht, hätte ich auch gerne.

h) Wenn du unter Menü -> Erweitern gehst, dann kannst du den Platzhaltertext editieren. Oder meinst du den Platzhaltertext generell? Den kann man in Voreinstellungen ändern.

i) Gibt es nicht. Das ist nur mit Workarounds möglich.

j) Das geht. Über Ansicht das Textlineal einblenden. Hier kannst du u.a. Tabs mit dem Cursor setzen und verschieben.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hello @katrinrr,

in some way you nailed the missing features of APub pretty good ;)

a) Buchfunktion (in english Bookfunction?)

c) verschachtelte Formate (nested styles?) and GREP styles

d) There is only the one-line-setting for paragraphs.

e) Can I save my own workingspaces and change them with a click?

f) If I want to have a sheet with e.g. 3 pages, different sizes, how to?

g)  InDesign I has the function "Verpacken" (packing?).

i) missing the feature "Spaltenspanne" (column spread?).

These are not there, yet. It is not clear when these features will be introduced.

h) Why can't I edit placeholder text?

You can. You first 'expand field' (from the right click menu) and this turns placeholder text into editable text. The reason behind this is that place holder text is per definition a field with the property to always fill the available space. If you increase or decrease the size of a textbox placeholder text adapts.

j) I can set tabs only by typing the number in mm or pt, right? Is there a way to have a slider/ruler on top of the fram/column, where I can move the tab with the courser until I am satisfied with the result?

In the 'View' menu look for 'Text Ruler'.

I'm not too familiar with dictionaries. Others may give you an answer to that.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil